A new Year a new me

Need2GetControlBack
on 1/3/07 9:07 am - CA
I was searching around tonight to keep myself from drinking and found this board. Everynight about this time I open a bottle of wine and start cooking dinner, ( of course 1 bottle turns into two). I have made the choice to stop drinking and I'm sared to death because I don't know what to do with myself. I stopped smoke before my WLS almost 3 yrs ago, of course my eating has slowed down with my WLS so now I drink to fill the void. I've known for almost a year that I drink WAY TOO much and Way Too often so it Has To Come To a STOP! So now what???? last night I cleaned insted of drinking, tonight I have been grazing the cupboards and eating everything is sight. My big fear is that I will gain back all my weight if I stop. I'm sure there are others out there with the same problem as me, well at least I hope I'm not the only one who has this problem. Thanks for listening:wave:
Cathy W.
on 1/3/07 10:08 am
Hi "Need", Since you are a new member, I was approving new member posts and saw yours. I had to reply. Good for you! Keep going. I don't have the alcohol issues but I certainly do with food. It is a struggle with whatever the substance, it is what is motivating that overwhelming drive to cross the line. One of the things that has helped me is to tell myself (from personal experience and a saying I heard years ago) is that "One is too many and 1,000 is not enough". For me, that is so true and has helped me immensely. There's something about being a member of ObesityHelp that keeps me grounded and solid in my commitment to my health. Being among other members, giving/receiving support and being on OH has been a big portion of my weight loss surgery and personal success. Stay here and post, go on other Boards and post, check out the Main Board and your State Board. You're among many friends here that completely understand. Cathy
Need2GetControlBack
on 1/3/07 10:19 pm - CA
Thanks for your advice Cathy Nice hearing from you !
*~ Dayner Dee ~*
on 1/3/07 6:30 pm - East Burbs, MN
Hi... Just wanted to send you many hugs and wish you all the best in this new year!! You are definately NOT alone in the fight!
Need2GetControlBack
on 1/3/07 10:20 pm - CA
I'm so glad I'm not alone, I have been feeling so guilty about this. Have a great day
annstan60
on 1/3/07 8:55 pm - Weymouth, MA
You are most certainly not the only one with this problem. I, too, had been filling the void with drinking instead of eating - and also wondered what in the world will I do to fill the time if I'm not doing either of those things? Here are a few things I've tried or plan on trying: chewing gum (keeps my mouth busy), reading, going on line and reading as much as possible about WLS, searching about addicitons, alcohol abuse, etc., going out to an AA meeting (just sitting in the audience listening), playing free on line games, cleaning, filing, putting photos in albums, sewing, learning to crochet/knit, going to bed early and just rest even if I can't sleep - and more things yet to be thought of! I don't know if any of these will help you, but it's a start. Keep up the good work! You are moving in the right direction by recognizing that what you're doing is not good for you. Hang in there! Every day that you do the right thing is another day to be proud of - don't dwell on the other days. Good luck! Ann Marie
Need2GetControlBack
on 1/3/07 10:36 pm - CA
Good Morning Ann Marie, Well last night I filled the void by moving furniture around in my famly room for the second time this week, lol It' worked kept my mind off of haveing that wine or vodka I think my husband thinks I"m crazy with all the cleaning and moving around. Thanks for the help
NeedHelp
on 1/5/07 3:08 am - Rockford, IL
Good for you. My husband jokes that he would never get up in the middle of the night and not turn the light on to see his path. He said,"You just never know where there might be furniture now that wasn't there this morning." I get the jokes and the "you are crazy" attitudes from the kids, but it is much better than what I could be doing. I think it is a great deversion. Kim M.
Need2GetControlBack
on 1/5/07 3:13 am - CA
Hi Kimberly, How funny!! I wish I had a bigger house so I could have more ways to move the furniture around, I'm out of moves, LOL But boy does my kitchen look organized and clean, LOL Thanks for writing, Have a great day
Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 785 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 769 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 991 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1700 views