Struggling

Patricia R.
on 12/30/06 10:14 am - Perry, MI
I am in a bad place this weekend. I have been experiencing some strong feelings that involve shame and inadequacy I have been fighting all my life. To add to it, I have done some acting out that adds to those feelings. Now, I have a real strong urge to get drunk. I have dressed for bed, and am not going to go out now, so I am safe. I just hate myself so much right now and wish I didn't have to feel these F***ing feelings I have right now. Just needed to vent. Hugs, Trish
*~ Dayner Dee ~*
on 12/30/06 6:21 pm - East Burbs, MN
Trish ~ Sending you many hugs..!! I am so sorry you are struggling right now..
RHONDA FROM KY
on 12/30/06 11:35 pm - ALEXANDRIA, KY
(((((Trish)))))..vent away.. it's a better release than drinking. I'm glad that you are safe now.. please do all that you can so as not to tempt yourself. If you need/want to call me I will email you my phone number. If you can get to an AA meeting without risking getting drunk, please do.. otherwise stay safe in your pj's. Call someone. Read a Good Book. We know that drinking will not make the feelings go away.. it will just enhance the feelings when sobered up again. End the year feeling proud of yourself for staying sober just this ONE DAY.. will be thinking of YOU Rhonda
marieh
on 12/31/06 6:26 am - So. Easton, MA
Trish, YOU CAN do this!! This is the big "let's get drunk" holiday of the year, and the toughest day to stay sober, but I'm there with you! If you want my number I'm happy to email it to you!! This is NOT the day to be without a lifeline. If you need to reach out, I'm here! I know you have it in you to succeed and stay clean! Marie
Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 785 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 769 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 991 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1700 views