Finally Made a Meeting

Patricia R.
on 12/28/06 8:16 am - Perry, MI
Hi there, I finally got my butt to a meeting. It is a great noontime meeting, and I love to make it when I am off work. Today was a Came To Believe reading and topic. The sharing was really good. A woman talked about how she woke up during the night wanting to say "F--- it, I might as well drink." But, she prayed and got through the night without drinking. I need to hear that, because I have felt that same way at times. Another gentleman, with a lot of years sober, shared that he cannot do anything based on how he feels. He must think through everything he does. His feelings are not a good gauge. After my meeting, I went and got weighed at the hospital I had my surgery at. I have lost 66 pounds in 4 months. Have a great evening. hugs, Trish
RHONDA FROM KY
on 12/29/06 12:52 am - ALEXANDRIA, KY
Hi Trish first.. congrats on making the meeting I know with the holidays I missed 3 in a row.. but did go Wednesday nite and really enjoyed the speaker. These people ALWAYS amaze me with their lifestories.. it's really inspirational to ME. and second.. congrats on the weightloss.....WAY TO GO !! hugs, Rhonda
marieh
on 12/29/06 9:21 am - So. Easton, MA
Hi Trish!! Congratulations on your weight loss and BRAVO on making your meeting!! There were a few times over the holidays that I had a day when I thought about drinking...only for a split second. But it was at taht moment that I got on here and read this forum again. Even after close to 21 yrs of sobriety I still have days when it's nice to remember we're all human and in this together!! I'm proud of you for going for YOU and putting YOU first! Marie
Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 785 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 769 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 991 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1700 views