Hi.. I'm Rhonda an alcoholic

RHONDA FROM KY
on 12/24/06 10:09 am - ALEXANDRIA, KY
but been sober since November 18th 2006 with the help of AA and Alanon I would like to thank each and everyone on this BOARD.. I would come here when I was contemplating SOBRIETY.. and read your posts and suggestions on how to achieve it. I knew I had a problem... but did not or was not ready to admit I was powerless over it! I finally came to my senses and realized that altho I did not crave the bottle (vodkie) every day or even crave it for several days.. that I am still an alcoholic. Reason being that when I did drink.. I could/can not stop. I drin****il I black out and then pass out. That is not normal.. therefore I know that since I can not drink in moderation THAT makes me an alcoholic. I started with AA and was very surprised by how much I REALLY enjoyed it. It was nothing as I imagined.. dark dreary damp room filled with men on overcoats.. instead.. I found warm friendly NORMAL people who are just wanting to not drink. The fellowship is awesome.. and each story is inspiring!! Anywho.. I hope to be more of a participant on this BOARD.. and if it's anything like AA meetings I'm confident that you all will accept me and my faults with open arms Hope all have a very Merry Christmas or a joyous Holiday as you celebrate it!! Hugs, Rhonda
Patricia R.
on 12/24/06 12:30 pm - Perry, MI
Hi Rhonda, Welcome to the board. I am so happy for you attending AA and becoming willing to work the program. I wish you and yours a Merry Sober Christmas. Hugs, Trish
RHONDA FROM KY
on 12/24/06 10:57 pm - ALEXANDRIA, KY
Thanks Trish.. so far it's Merry and SOBER.. and plan on hopefully hitting an AA this evening. Thankfully my family does not drink.. and that's where I will be today.. family and loved ones. hugs, Rhonda
allyoop_702
on 12/25/06 5:01 am - rome, OH
congratulations and good luck. it isn't an easy road but if YOU want to do it then it can work!!! my thoughts are with you!!
RHONDA FROM KY
on 12/25/06 8:56 am - ALEXANDRIA, KY
Thanks Diane.. I know it's a long road.. at least if I'm lucky maybe another 40 more years or so .. but luckily it's just one day at a time!! hugs... Rhonda
Amber B.
on 12/28/06 12:04 am - Virginia Beach, VA
Welcome, Rhonda. We are alot like AA on here as most of us are members of a 12 step program or two! I love having so many outlets and this is a great help because of the WLS as well. A lot of people don't understand when you combind the two how dangerous it can be, even more so with "regular" alcoholics. I've learned a lot in the rooms and on here and we're always around if you need us. Hope you stick around! Amber
Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 785 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 769 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 991 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1700 views