my name is nan and i am an alcoholic.

nannygoat
on 12/21/06 10:22 am - Worthington, KY
just admitting it for once and hoping to get out of this hellhole i have created for myself.
Patricia R.
on 12/21/06 11:29 am - Perry, MI
Hi Nan, Welcome. I am Trish, and I am an alcoholic, eating disordered, shopping addicted, recovering patient of RNY. I have been where you are now, and I am confident to say that you don't have to stay there. There is hope. I got sober through Alcoholics Anonymous. There are other programs and ways to get sober. The reason I like AA is because it is free, and available all over. It is a spiritual program, and you don't have to believe in God to get sober. I hope you will share you journey with us. We are here to offer hope and encouragement. Hugs, Trish
nannygoat
on 12/21/06 1:58 pm - Worthington, KY
Trish, i've read you and i am confident that this board if noone else or nothing else will see me through. i appreciate your wods and darlin -looking foward to recovery. my kids and family are worth more to me than my life. i cannot stand what i have become.
*~ Dayner Dee ~*
on 12/21/06 6:17 pm - East Burbs, MN
Morning Nan~ Just wanted to send you a HUG and wish you all the best on your path to recovery! Dana
Amber B.
on 12/22/06 12:51 am - Virginia Beach, VA
Welcome, Nan, you're definitely in the right place and starting in the right direction. Acceptance is a tough thing, but it one of the best things that you can do for yourself. I look forward to hearing more of your story and I hope that we can be of help to you. Happy Holidays, Amber
marieh
on 12/22/06 8:54 am - So. Easton, MA
Hi Nan! I know it seems overwhelming to think of how hard your row might be to hoe, but AA is famous for "One Day At A Time"....I've been sober for 21 yrs now and there are days when I keep repeating that to myself almost constantly. You're doing an incredibly brave thing. You are STRONG to be able to admit this and WANT to get clean! I'm proud of you!! Marie
RHONDA FROM KY
on 12/24/06 10:20 am - ALEXANDRIA, KY
best wishes to you Nan.. I have found sobriety since 11-18-06 with they help of AA and Alanon.. it was nothing as I imagined.. I imagined the worst yet found it to be the best. Don't be scared to go.. the people are so accepting and friendly. They have all walked in your shoes.. that's the most awesome part of it. hugs.. Rhonda
allyoop_702
on 12/25/06 5:02 am - rome, OH
admitting it is hard. good luck and we are all here for you!!
Lauretta
on 12/29/06 4:57 am - Fort Walton Beach, FL
Welcome! I am off to work so I must be brief but I wanted to pop in and tell you to keep working at it. It is worth the work. Laurie
Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 785 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 769 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 991 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1700 views