merry christmas

allyoop_702
on 12/18/06 11:20 pm - rome, OH
i hope everyone has a very safe and merry christmas and happy new year as well as a sober one. i have not been on this board long, and i do not post much but i value anything any of you have to say. we all have gone through so many things to get us where we are today and for that i am thankful. i hope you all realize how much insight and support you show people and i will be thinking of each of you during this holiday season. friends, diane
Amber B.
on 12/19/06 12:15 am - Virginia Beach, VA
Thanks, Diane! The same goes to you. Happy Holidays, Amber
allyoop_702
on 12/19/06 4:56 am - rome, OH
i know this is a rough time of the year for celebration and the thought crosses my mind about holiday parties and it is also a depressing time of the year for me. we all need to keep our chins up, our heads on straight, and the bottles out of our mouths. you have a great day!!!!
Patricia R.
on 12/19/06 9:54 am - Perry, MI
Hi Diane, Holidays are a more difficult time for us in recovery. There is more temptation as well as more triggers. Family can be difficult for some. Parties and socializing can be a challenge. That is why it is suggested to make more meetings around the holidays. Some clubhouses around where I live have meetings around the clock on the holidays. Keep in touch with the people in the program. Post here if you need to. Be safe and Merry Christmas. Hugs, Trish
allyoop_702
on 12/25/06 5:06 am - rome, OH
by any means, i am not thinking about actually doing it but thank you!!!! i am very secure about my sobriety but what scares me is the thought that at a drop of a hat it can be all gone. i couldn't imagine ya know. i know people who have done that. thank goodness i have my family to help me through. i know you have been through some rough times here lately and i am glad you have gone to more meetings and have done what you have to do. keep up the great work!! loss around the holiday sucks and it never gets easier. thanks for being a friend to all trish!!
*~ Dayner Dee ~*
on 12/19/06 6:49 pm - East Burbs, MN
Merry Christmas to you too Diane!
Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 785 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 769 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 991 views
What triggers your anxiety