Checking In...

*~ Dayner Dee ~*
on 12/6/06 6:42 pm - East Burbs, MN
Just checking in and shouting out some thanks for those who have been so kind to me. Went to my assessment appointment and all went well last week. I am scheduled to start Out Patient Therapy on 1/2/07. I will be going to the UofM campus so that is not thrilling me right now as I will have to drive there during rush hour, however it is something I am going to do. The Dr that I met with was so awesome and was impressed with my efforts so far. We both hope that this will help me to figure out those "triggers" that cause me to binge, so to speak. I am hoping this will help me also recognize the OCD in everything else I do too.. I have been sober since 11/13 and hoping for the best. The meds I have been taking seem to be working, however, every once in awhile I still have that urge. I wish you all the best and many blessings to you this Christmas and always. Dana
DarDar
on 12/6/06 10:45 pm - exton, PA
Dana, Hang in there. I will keep you in my prayers, and light a candle for you. Finding your way during this time can be a fearful thing. I'm glad that you are not doing it alone. DarDar
Lauretta
on 12/7/06 2:28 am - Fort Walton Beach, FL
Happy for you girl. Just keep moving forward! Laurie
Patricia R.
on 12/7/06 6:07 am - Perry, MI
Dana, A year ago I was in a partial hospitalization program for eating disorders. That helped me learn my triggers and also to learn coping skills so that I could self-soothe and deal with the urges and feelings that are so troubling. Urges are sometimes a habit in our thinking. At least mine. I get upset, so my mind defaults to "get drunk." I am anxious, so my mind defaults to "get drunk." I have other default behaviors, like food or sex, but since my surgery, the food is not appealing and the sex is difficult without a boyfriend in my life. So, "get drunk" is my mind's default. Recovery is about reprogramming the brain to new defaults. Now, I am supposed to exercise, or journal, or make a phone call, or deep breath, or meditate, when my mind says "get drunk." Hope this makes sense. You are doing great. Keep up the good work. Hugs, Trish
Amber B.
on 12/11/06 3:13 am - Virginia Beach, VA
Hope all is still well with you, Dana. Just was thinking about ya! Have a great holiday, Amber
NeedHelp
on 12/14/06 2:46 am - Rockford, IL
Dana, this seems like a hard time of year to keep urges under control. It seems like we are bombarded everywhere with someone or something telling us to eat, drink and be merry. I want to be merry, but I definitely need to leave the eating and drinking to do so behind. Kim M.
Curious G.
on 12/14/06 6:34 pm - Peachtree City, GA
I'm so proud of you!!! You're really stepping up to take care of Dana - KUDOS to you!!! Keep up the great work - you're doing awesome!!! Michelle
Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 770 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 751 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 976 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1682 views