Totally P%*$%# Off

Patricia R.
on 11/19/06 10:40 am - Perry, MI
Hi there, I am so upset tonight. I was so looking forward to Thanksgiving to get to see all of my kids. After losing my brother four weeks ago, I really wanted to see them under better cir****tances, especially as we were going to celebrate Christmas for my daughter. Well, she is on bedrest with her having miscarried in June and bleeding last week. Then, because daughter is not joining us, younger son has to take a train from Pittsburgh, to come home, as she was going to pick him up on her way here from Michigan. Well, my dinner is scheduled for 2:00, as their father is serving his dinner at 6:30. Son's train does not arrive till 3:00. So, I asked ex-husband if he would mind delaying serving a little, so son could have time to visit my family and me. Ex is totally inflexible and rude to me in the process. I am so hurt and angry right now, I could puke. Ex suggests I visit with son on Friday night instead. My family is not able to visit on Friday night, they are going to be here on Thursday during the day. To add to the insult, my son is staying at his father's overnight while in town. First I lose my brother, then my daughter's pregnancy keeps her home, and now this. I was actually tempted to get drunk tonight over this. Hugs, Trish
*~ Dayner Dee ~*
on 11/19/06 5:38 pm - East Burbs, MN
Just wanted to send you some hugs...!! The more the merrier here in MN so come on over! I wish you all the best during this trial..
(deactivated member)
on 11/19/06 7:54 pm - somewhere, MA
Trish, You are going through a lot and are definitely being tested. You have the tools you need to get through this. You have always been an anchor here for supporting the tough love POV. Be strong and dont you dare give in to the demons !!!
Lauretta
on 11/20/06 4:30 am - Fort Walton Beach, FL
Damn that life on life's terms. It is not fair but it is not worth giving up your sobriety over. Yes, you are being treated poorly Trish, you have clearly worked hard to build a quality life. Your family might get on board with it but they might not and you have to go on with or without their cooperation. Build a nice holiday celebration plan not dependant on them. Welcome them to participate without guilt if you can so they learn to enjoy being with you just to be with you without any sense of obligation. Someone has to start that atmosphere. I do not judge. I think they are being selfish but the bottom line is it will destroy you if you let it. Build your social support group for these and other times. You never have to be alone. Big hugs, Laurie
Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 770 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 751 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 976 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1682 views