Off to Coz!

vickiang
on 11/19/06 4:38 am - Austin, TX
ey Gang, I'm leaving early tomorrow to go to Cozumel with my 2 kids where we are going to SCUBA, snorkel, parasail, kiteborad, ride horses and rent bikes instead of a car! And I found a good looking bathing suit that actually fits. No skirted, grossly flowered and bright obnoxious 80 yr old woman stuff. Can you believe it? It is easily financed by my not buying booze. And I would have made the horse buckle, if not killed him, at 370 and hungover. Boy, am I ever grateful. Don't for one second think though that there isn't a part of me that wants to go down there and have some ceviche with a margarita. "A" margarita. Ha! We all know that's a pile of ....... I'll try to email you alll from Coz. I am going to AA meetings there. I already have the contact and they know I'm on my way. I have to do it like that. I will never be able to trust myself. Left to my own best thinking...well, you can finish that sentence , too, can't you? It's great to feel great instead of sick and tired of being sick and tired . And To ACTUALLY look forward with excitement to something! Hang in there, Vicki
*~ Dayner Dee ~*
on 11/19/06 5:35 pm - East Burbs, MN
Hey Vicki ~ Enjoy your trip! I hope to take one in the spring with my Jen like that..!
(deactivated member)
on 11/19/06 7:48 pm - somewhere, MA
Hey Vicki, The family went on a cruise 1 month pre-op and Cozumel was one of the stops. We went on an Jeep excursion and it was a gut wrenching experience. The Mexican sun was a killer. At my highest weight, flexibility was a big issue and the beach which should have been a highlight brought out all kinds of self-esteem issues. Getting up from the sand was tough, but not any more !!!!!. Depending on where you go, there are a lot of great little shops, especially if you go outside the port area. Have a great time. Jim
Lauretta
on 11/20/06 4:35 am - Fort Walton Beach, FL
I love Cozumel!!!! I went 6 months post op and 2 yr post op. Last trip we went on a dune buggy excursion. It was a blast. you need to know how to drive a stick shift tho. I am jealous. It has been an expensive year and my luxery vacations will have to be on hold for a while! Have a wonderful time. Miss the margaitas too but the peace of mind is too high of a price to pay! Laurie
Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 770 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 751 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 976 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1682 views