Has anyone taken Campral...?

*~ Dayner Dee ~*
on 11/14/06 6:04 pm - East Burbs, MN
Had a real good talk with my shrink yesterday and we have a plan of attack to assist me in my alcohol recovery. One he wants me to go through an out-patient program to get some one-on-one therapy and support and he has also prescribed my Campral. Campral is a med that helps people who are alcohol dependent to not drink. I am bound and determined for this to work for me and for me to work my butt off in search of recovery. I will search for out patient treatment options this morning and will get my but back to AA. Just wanted to fill you in on whats up with me. Ive been ashamed and afraid to let everyone in on whats going on with me only cause I feel like a broken record lately. Dana
allyoop_702
on 11/14/06 9:51 pm - rome, OH
i have not heard of this. is it the one that makes you deathly sick if you drink?? they had one out years ago like that. i hope this works for you and the best of luck. this is not an easy disease and i feel for anyone who has it. i am one of the fortunate ones who did it on my own without AA and such. i know what i went through and i feel for you. good luck!! diane
Lauretta
on 11/15/06 12:52 am - Fort Walton Beach, FL
Dana, Can't say I am familiar with the med but personally I would do whatever it takes. My personal beliefs are that 12 steps are fantastic but some of us need outside help at times. I take Lexapro and have seen a therapist at times. The 12 steps give me a structure and a consistant program but I need other help too. Follow your heart on this you own no one but yourself. If you do not take care of you and learn to love you what is there to share with the family and friends? Do not isolate. Kiss of death! We are here for support. Many of us have been there. Hugs, Laurie
Patricia R.
on 11/15/06 5:28 am - Perry, MI
It's okay to be a broken record. I would rather hear you are struggling, but that you are still willing to go to any length to get recovery, than not hear from you and learn you are out there, not getting any help. I have not heard of Campryl, but I believe that if you are seeing a psychiatrist who understands addictions, you are in good hands. I am on meds and I have been seeing a psychiatrist and psychologist for what seems like forever. It takes what it takes. Keep going to meetings and sharing you are struggling. Keep listening to old timers share their experience. Keep checking your program to see what you are doing that you could do differently. Work those steps. Write about how you are powerless. Write about how your life is unmanageable. Write about your concept of a Higher Power, and see how you can grow in that realm. Do the third step everyday. Find a beginners meeting and go if you can. I used to go to a beginners step meeting where they only did the first three steps every week. It was great. I am so proud of you for talking to the doctor about your struggles. That took a lot of strength and courage. Hugs, Trish
Beverly1956
on 11/20/06 1:35 pm - Poplar Grove, IL
Hi Dana, I have taken Campral in the past. I was started on it when I was in rehab last October. I do believe it helps with the cravings. It certainly didn't hurt anything and I can't think of any side effects I had. Good luck... Bev
Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 770 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 751 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 976 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1682 views