Alcoholic ot not?

vickiang
on 11/1/06 11:31 pm - Austin, TX
Some of us admittedly are alcoholics. Others were normal drinkers until wls. They then founf that drinking was easy, but really difficult to handle. They had developed an intolerance but it was hard to break old social habits. That's why it's so coll to only ned to have a desire to stop drinking. No labels, no judgemtns, just help in kicking a habot or comredship for those os a little further down the road. So if you are out there and think this forum is for alcoholics, it just ain't so. Transferrance comes in all forms..Smoking, drugs, shopping, gambling. You name it. It's pretty natural ove food is taken awat to want to replace it with something Hopefully this forum can help a litle bit to encourage people to develop new skilld so that we don' have to rely on any substance or negative behaviors. So if you're lurking thinking you don't fit or maybe your problem isn't big enough, get over it and jumpr right in. You're doing this for you, not to impress others. Vicki Where's Laurie P?
Peggy G.
on 11/1/06 11:54 pm - Cedar City, UT
Thanks Laurie. I have lurked for some time and of course never "want to bother anybody" by jumping in and posting. I appreciate the kind invitation to slide my rock aside and peak out. I find inspiration and wisdom here often. Thank you to all that share. Read in Keep It Simple this morning (a day out of order actually!) that we often miss the silver lining because we are focused on gold. Today I am going to be grateful for the progress I have made, vs. the perfection I think I will find.
Lauretta
on 11/2/06 8:28 am - Fort Walton Beach, FL
Laurie P checking in! I am the Queen of substitution and still struggle with it daily. I have not drank nor taken pills for over 2 years but I can self destruct in many ways. Currently shopping is my drug of choice and it is not pretty when it gets extreme. So yes alcoholics, drug addicts, shopaholics, food addicts...... simply we are addicted and we are all capable of substitution to fill the void. Today I am aware of my shortcomings and have developed ways to identify and deal with those. Life is good but not perfect. I just keep plugging along one day at a time. Hugs, Laurie
vickiang
on 11/2/06 9:01 am - Austin, TX
I have missed you. Vicki
Lauretta
on 11/2/06 2:59 pm - Fort Walton Beach, FL
Thanks Vicki, I am around just have not had a lot of extra time theses days. I am adjusting to the new schedule. When I am not working I seem to be catching up on everything else. not complaining. I must say I have a kick ass wardrobe.LOL! I do miss the mb a lot and I am trying to check in more. Recovery wise- I am doing well except for the shopping but even that is not too bad. Going to stay at a condo on the beach this weekend but the weather turned cold so I will need a jacket. Do you ever feel like you have nothing valuable to say? That's kinda what happens lately when I sign on. Laurie
Peggy G.
on 11/2/06 11:10 pm - Cedar City, UT
Something is always valuable to somebody!
vickiang
on 11/3/06 12:34 pm - Austin, TX
Me too. Like right now. I am brainless. But I'm checking in for me, to stay accountable. Isolation is a death knell for me. So even if you just check in every morning and say I'm here, nothing else, you stay connecetd and focused for the day. So, I'm here. That's a s good as I can do today. Vicki
Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 785 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 769 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 991 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1700 views