Character defects!

Lauretta
on 10/22/06 12:58 am - Fort Walton Beach, FL
Mornin' all, Very busy these days. I am very grateful to be clean/sober. I have been struggling with my defects of character lately. I am working in a high end womens clothing shop and so far have spent more money than I earned! Funny thing tho I feel the obsession is deminished. Yes, I actually needed most of the items I purchased and at 50% off it was not so bad. What bothered me is my obsession with wanting them NOW! It does not feel so good. Lesson learned I hope. I will always have the desire to act out but I do not have to act on it. In other areas I have to be vigilant too. I realize it is very easy for me to dehydrate. When I was home full time it was not so difficult to keep up but in a busy store where I stand and have little time for beverage I simply forget to push fluids when I can.My arthritis is awful and I am experimenting with different shoe/ hose/ whatever to help. Trouble is once I find something that works pretty well I do not follow thru consistantly. I also have asked my kids who are 17 and 18 to help in small ways around the house. Nothing major. They say yes but flake off on it and I like a fool do it myself! Will I ever learn to hold my boundaries? Life IS GOOD I am not freaked out by any of this. I am just aware and know I am a work in progress. At least today I am moving forward. It is about life on lifes terms. Anyway, I am learning new things all the time. I found out I am pretty good at sales. Laurie
Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 785 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 769 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 991 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1700 views