Well It Happened...

Curious G.
on 10/6/06 12:07 pm - Peachtree City, GA
After two weeks of TONS of AA meetings, I finally had a blast from my past (y'all may remember me saying I live in teh small town in which I grew up and was worried about running into some of my former party-mates). The funny thing is that I'd seen him in meetings before and he is a VERY VERY handsome man, so naturally I'd been kind of sneaking a peek here and there at him.. Well tonight he approached me after the meeting and asked me if we knew eachother. I wasn't sure, so I smiled and asked him if he went to my high school... he did, and once he told me his last name and I told him mine, we shared the BIGGEST hug! OH MY! He didn't look ANYTHING ANYTHING like this when we were kids. He looked like a dork, but was sweet and we always had fun when we hung out. Call me naughty, but I had to get another hug. OH MY! (it's a full moon - that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it). He went on about how fabulous I looked and how it was good to see somebody else from the old group getting their life in order. I told him that he sure did grow up into a handsome man... Sooo running into somebody I know wasn't bad at all... I'll just have to behave myself! hugs, Michelle
Patricia R.
on 10/6/06 12:33 pm - Perry, MI
Michelle, That is such a sweet story. I remember sitting in an AA meeting and having the boss of my summer job walk in. I was devastated. She found out my secret. It never occurred to me that I found out hers. Hehe. We never spoke to each other about it. Keep up the good work. Hugs, Trish
Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 785 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 769 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 991 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1700 views