Spirituality

Curious G.
on 10/4/06 4:40 am - Peachtree City, GA
There really *is* a spiritual compenent to feeling better and being sober. I've been doing a lot of meditation, praying and reading of a spiritual nature. It's hard to explain, but I'm feeling a sense of peace and confidence I've not known in ages. I find myself wanting to share that love with others - to reach out and give them encouragement and affection. I find myself not worrying about people who are angry with me - I keep reacing out without expecting anything. It feels good. Only a loving God (as I understand him) could do this for me! You don't have to be a religious nut, a bible beater or anything like that. You just have to believe that there is a force in the world more powerful than yourself. When you do THAT, you don't have to be guilty anymore if you just let go. You don't have to control. You feel connected to the world and like there really *is* a reason for living. I'm in a very good place emotionally today - and I wanted to share that. Love y'all, Michelle "waking up so it seems" C
*~ Dayner Dee ~*
on 10/4/06 8:16 am - East Burbs, MN
AMEN ~
Patricia R.
on 10/4/06 12:37 pm - Perry, MI
You sound great. Keep up the good work. Spirituality is more than religion. For me, just me, it is being at peace with the Creator of the Universe and believing that I matter to Him in some way. He loves me just as I am, and I love Him because He first loved me. I have peace, deep, inner peace. Even when the world around me is going crazy and my life appears out of control, I can have that peace. Keep up the good work. It gets better. Hugs, Trish
Lauretta
on 10/5/06 12:48 am - Fort Walton Beach, FL
Love ya Michelle! I know exactly what you mean. I could never do it without a program. It helps to keep me centered. Decades of struggle and now I have a guide for living life one day at a time to the best of my ability. Laurie
Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 770 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 751 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 976 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1682 views