Day 3 Without a Cigarette...

LaurieLo
on 10/3/06 2:57 am - Rochester, NY
I am 3 years post-op and quit smoking cold turkey 6 weeks before surgery (I smoked for 30 or so years). I went for about a year smoke-free but didn't lose as much weight as I thought I would. I started again a year after surgery and got down to 130 lbs. I have since put 15 or so back on and know that the cigarettes are killing me. I have been feeling pain in my chest and between my shoulder blades and I am so scared it's lung cancer. Of course I'm afraid to go to the dr. and get it checked out. I also have Type II Diabetes and the surgery helped my sugar levels return to normal. I do believe once a diabetic always a diabetic and I know smoking is very dangerous for me. Anyhow, I quite again 3 days ago and can tell that I'm going to put some weight back on. I'm very scared of this and hope I can figure out a way to control myself. Thanks for listening.
Patricia R.
on 10/3/06 4:12 am - Perry, MI
Congratulations on your decision to quit smoking. That is a brave decision. I had a grad school professor who went to Narcotics Anonymous to quit smoking. The social support and the 12 steps help tremendously. I am working the 12 steps with my AA program, but they apply to my food/eating behaviors as well. I also recommend Overeaters Anonymous if you want support on making the right food choices. There is a tremendous amount of support there. I have been to that program too. God bless. Hugs, Trish
uk-lady
on 10/3/06 5:43 am - Orange, CA
Congrats Laurie I too quit smoking 12 days ago now and only stopped because I knew I couldnt have wls if I smoked. I am in a quit smoking class with Kaiser for 6 weeks and I get the patches and wellbutrin from them. I was smoking 3 packs a day and my DH is still smoking but not round me. Keep up the good work hugs Myra
phatchance
on 10/27/06 5:47 pm - NV
Got to quit smoking as well as I have only a month to quit. Since learning that I had to stop, it appears that I smoke more. My doc gave me some Zyban and it seems not to help. Really, I am worried I can not kick this habit. I know it is for the best, and I want to quit but I seem to find myself buying them without thinking. Need lots of support on this. Marie PS... Congrats for all of you that are doing well on your end of cigarettes. Way to go!
Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 770 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 751 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 976 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1682 views