Happy Hour (not)

Curious G.
on 9/26/06 7:41 am - Peachtree City, GA
Head squirrels. It's "happy hour" the time of day when I used to allow myself a drink. My daughter is arguing with me, I'm aggravated and frustrated. I have had a headache for two days. I crave a drink right now BADLY but do not WANT it, if that makes sense. I'm going to a 6:30 meeting, so if I can last 45 minutes, I'll be fine. I can do that. Just venting. Sometimes the brain committee are a bunch of ******** Love, m
Patricia R.
on 9/26/06 10:45 am - Perry, MI
When those times of the day happen, take a walk for ten, fifteen minutes. The endorphins will kick in and soothe you from that feeling of aggravation. You will get through this if you keep making healthy choices. My old sponsor used to say "Do the next right thing." You are doing great. Keep up the good work. Hugs, Trish
Curious G.
on 9/26/06 10:49 am - Peachtree City, GA
Thanks Trish! I made the meeting and again was glad I did. It was a big book meeting, but we also discussed bottoms and the point where members finally admitted their powerlessness. It was reassuring, and it got rid of that urge. I'm home now and tired. My head still hurts, but I no longer feel my skin crawling. I've made plans to go to another one tomorrow. I wonder if I'll transfer this addiction to an addiction to AA? I suppose there are worse things Thanks again Trish! Michelle
*~ Dayner Dee ~*
on 9/26/06 7:50 pm - East Burbs, MN
Hey M~ I agree with Trish. Even though I am still a newby, so to speak, a brisk walk or some sort of exercise will help. ALSO.. During my first month of sobriety, every time I felt frustrated or had those urges creep up on me, I would go sit on my deck and read from the Big Book. It truly helped calm my nerves and get by until the next time. One Day At A Time.... Dana
Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 770 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 751 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 976 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1682 views