Long time no see

Lauretta
on 9/23/06 1:17 am - Fort Walton Beach, FL
Hi all, I have been MIA lately but have been thinking about you all. It has ben a crazy but good few weeks. i HAD A WONDERFUL TRIP BACK TO VISIT FAMILY IN iOWA. I was a bit worried since it would involve a lot of parties but it was okay. I got a job! I retired in April of 2005. I had the opportunity to take a part time job at Chicos selling clothes. I work 2-3 days weekly only 4-5 hours. The pay is okay and I get 50% off! So far I really like it. I avoid the worst traffic most days and driving along the beach is beautiful anyway. The family is thriving and I am glad to be able to put a little money in savings. Feels good to contribute altho I must admit it is hard not to shop daily with all those clothes calling to me! Laurie
Patricia R.
on 9/23/06 10:26 am - Perry, MI
Welcome back Laurie. I missed you very much. Congratulations on the new job. That is awesome. I could never work in a clothing store. I would just spend all my paychecks on clothes. I could never work at AC Moore or Michaels craft stores either. Kind of like a bar to me. Yarn, clothes, I am an addict and will buy whenever I see them. I am looking forward to getting back to work in a week, and getting my finances stablized. My job sent me a letter saying I need to see their doctor and need to take a medical report from my surgeon to the appointment.
*~ Dayner Dee ~*
on 9/23/06 8:30 pm - East Burbs, MN
Hi Laurie~ Great to see you and so glad to hear things are going well. I have been considering PT job options myself and fear the retail.. I KNOW I would be the bestest customer. Hugs to you!!
Curious G.
on 9/25/06 2:25 am - Peachtree City, GA
Welcome back - you were definitley missed. The job sounds like a perfect job for the clothes hound! I couldn't do it - I'd have no paycheck left and 5 closets full of clothes! Struggling a little here but brushing myself off and getting back up on that horse... hugs, M
Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 770 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 751 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 976 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1682 views