Hello, just discovered this forum...

Amber B.
on 9/14/06 1:58 am - Virginia Beach, VA
I'm a 2 month Post-Op and I'm also an alcoholic. I've been in recovery for 20 months and it's just been an amazing journey. If not for joining AA, I would never have been able to keep a job, which led to awesome benefits, leading to the surgery. It's absolutely incredible. I hope that I can meet others like me and maybe we can share things to help one another. Look forward to hearing from you guys! Amber
*~ Dayner Dee ~*
on 9/14/06 2:36 am - East Burbs, MN
Hey Amber ~ Welcome.. Congrats on your sobriety!! I am a work in progress ! Congrats on your post-op status! Dana
Amber B.
on 9/14/06 9:41 pm - Virginia Beach, VA
Hi, Dana! Nice to meet you. Have a great weekend, Amber
DarDar
on 9/14/06 2:43 am - exton, PA
Welcome! DarDar
Amber B.
on 9/14/06 9:43 pm - Virginia Beach, VA
Thanks!!! Nice to meet ya! Have a great weekend, Amber
Patricia R.
on 9/14/06 8:31 am - Perry, MI
Welcome Amber, I am two weeks post-op, and five years sober, in eleven days. I have been in AA for a lot longer, but I messed up at the end of my marriage and got sober again September 25, 2001. If I had not gotten sober, I would not have been able to handle my son's addiction to heroin, or completed graduate school, or passed my licensure exam, or have gotten my license, because they ask about addiction to drugs and alcohol on the social work license application. I am glad you joined our forum. Jump in and share what is happening in your recovery journey. Hugs, Trish
Amber B.
on 9/14/06 9:41 pm - Virginia Beach, VA
Thanks, Trish! It's been an amazing rollercoaster for everything that has changed since January 16, 2005. I wouldn't change a thing. Congrats on 5 years, that's amazing. My good buddy is picking up 5 years on the 21st. I'm so proud of him. Have a great weekend, Amber
sdh13
on 9/18/06 4:20 am - Charlotte, NC
Hi Amber! I will be two weeks post-op tomorrow and my sobriety date is 10/16/88. AA definately changed my life and has given me so many blessings that I can't imagine ever going back to living without the 12 steps. It has also helped tremenedously with the surgery process and recovery. God continues blessing me everyday and its amazing. I believe 100% that had I not gotten sober, I would be dead by now. And now, with this surgery, God has given me another tool to help me make the most of my life. Keep posting. Its great to hear from other Alkies!
alsoto
on 9/30/06 2:58 pm - Lincoln, CA
Dear Amber: Keep it up you are on the right track. I am two years post-op and entering into the 23rd year of my sobriety this coming February 27, 2007. It's one day at a time and it sounds like you are loving yourself more than the addiction. I still do meetings and thank God for a community that understands. Your friend on the Journey, Al Soto
Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 770 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 751 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 976 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1682 views