Interesting Link

Patricia R.
on 9/11/06 7:02 am - Perry, MI
A woman on the PA forum posted this link. There is info on drinking problems after WLS. http://www.wlscenter.com/NLArchive/aug_1_2006.htm Hugs, Trish
Amber B.
on 9/15/06 3:27 am - Virginia Beach, VA
Good Morning America did a story on it, stating how WLS patients are turning into alcoholics. Most people do trade one addiction for another.
poopie
on 11/16/06 3:19 pm - Ventura, Ca
"Most people do trade one addiction for another." Well not to be flip BUT addiction IS the reason we all got so fat to begin with is it not? We have to fight one demon at a time.......
Amber B.
on 11/16/06 8:55 pm - Virginia Beach, VA
Hi, Rachael. I agree with you for the most part. My story is a little different. I believe that my addiction indirectly was a part of my obesity. I've never been an overeater, if anything I was an undereater, I just chose bad foods to eat when I did. I drank a lot of alcohol and that put on the weight and I basically lost my will to live (I also have Bipolar disorder). I think we all have different stories, but we're all here for the same reasons (I hope) to get the help/support that we need. I definitely do it one day at a time. Have a great weekend, Amber
Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 770 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 751 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 976 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1682 views