Need a meeting real bad

Patricia R.
on 9/7/06 2:37 pm - Perry, MI
Well, I have yet to get to a meeting since my surgery. To add to my mind's squirrellyness is my mom is staying with me. I love her dearly, but I also cherish my privacy and doing things my way. Example, my towels got dirty cleaning up an overflowed toilet, so she put them in the washer this afternoon. Well, tonight she told me she will dry them tomorrow. (My washer and dryer are in my bathroom on the second floor with the bedrooms.) I said I want a towel to shower with in the morning, I will run the dryer tonight. She said it will be hot, can't I use a couple little towels. (Her real motive is the dryer uses electricity and she hates my nice thick towels because they take so long to dry in the dryer.) ARGH!!!!! Such hassle over putting things in the dryer and drying them. I saw my therapist today. We discussed my progress and a new love interest on the horizon. For some strange reason, he thinks I am codependent. He had me laughing throughout the session, and I had to hug a pillow because my abdomen kept hurting. Well, I had called an old sponsor about getting to a meeting this week, and she called me back from Colorado. She is supposed to come home Friday. Maybe Saturday I will get to a meeting. If not, I get to drive again on Monday. YIPPEEEEE!!!!! Sorry to babble. I just needed a shoulder to cry/vent on. Hugs, Trish
Corgi Mom !.
on 9/7/06 5:25 pm - sunny, FL
Hang in there Trish, May God bless you and your Mom for being a Mom. You are on your way in so many different ways right now.
LaDena
on 9/8/06 3:07 pm - Spokane Valley, WA
Hi Trish, Moms...can't live with them...can't shoot 'em. Just bless them. Remind Mom you pay the electric bill, so don't concern herself with it. Also, if she's hot try wearing something lighter, drink some water, open a window, shove ice cubes down her bra and panties... It's either that or you can tell her, "I can use one big towel, or 6 hand towels and have to do more laundry and run the dryer even more" Or tell her, "fine I won't shower at all, but I'm sitting next to you and turning the fan on me to blow the stink off" Hee Hee hope that made ya smile. Hang in there! Your meeting will be soon, and Mom will be gone before you know it. XOXO Dena
ms jay
on 9/10/06 3:23 am - OH
My mom stayed with me too after surgery. She was great, but very demanding. I live with my boyfriend and she disagrees with my decision to live with him. Sooooooooooooo, I knew this would be a rollercoaster ride. They got along okay for the several weeks she lived with us. He worked alot,so he was gone most of the time. He even worked overtime just to be gone. Hell, my mom is like a drill sergant. She did help us though. She kept the house clean, cooked dinner every night,washed clothes, helped my son with his homework, and took great care of me. I love her so much, but she can be very bossy at times. It is her way or no way. I feel yah. Just hang in there. Hey my mom is a retired teacher.She treats me like I am her students. Two teachers living together,not a good mix,but we survived. You will too. Enjoy your meeting and stay positive. Sincerely, ms jay
Trishb
on 9/11/06 12:13 am - CA
Hey Trish, I hope you have a good meeting when you get to one... I know they can really give your head a "re-set". Sometimes we all need one of those. As for your Mom... mine is to say the least trying at times. She's still an active alcoholic and it is killing her. I spent a lot of wasted time in judgement, co-dependency, manipulation (in trying to get her to stop) and in my own guilt for being angry with her so often. With many things in life you just have to know when to "let go" and "let live". Today, I try to just take her as she is... flaws and all... and still love her. When she does one of her typical things (like your Mom and the towel deal) I just gotta shrug and smile and give a mental nod to "that's just the way she is" and love the nut for it anyway. So, cry and vent away. This is a real good place to do it. ;) Hang in there, The Other Trish
*~ Dayner Dee ~*
on 9/11/06 4:58 am - East Burbs, MN
Hey Trish~ Thinking about you and hoping everything is going well. Went to Friday night meeting and without hesitation, shared about my oooopsie a couple of weeks ago. I have never been treated with so much love and kindness. Hugs to you on your continued recovery! Dana
Patricia R.
on 9/11/06 5:27 am - Perry, MI
I am so glad you went to the meeting and were honest. I had to do that a few times in my recovery. I am so grateful that I was welcomed back time and time again. You are going to do fine if you just stay honest and keep going to meetings. Keep up the good work. Hugs, Trish
Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 770 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 751 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 976 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1682 views