What do you do when suicidal feelings come up?

Elizabeth N.
on 9/5/06 12:36 pm - Burlington County, NJ
Hi Grace I've been there lots of times, too hon. Ending your life is a permanent solution to temporary problems sweetie. There is ALWAYS a tomorrow and there are ALWAYS ways to feel better and move forward. I'm very glad you've reached out here, and that you have spoken to your therapist. Please go to the hospital immediately and get the help you need. YOU ARE SPECIAL AND IMPORTANT. You're right, your cats need you. Others need you and love you, too. I can remember many days when times were very bad for me that concern for how my kitties would be cared for was the only thing that kept me around for another day, and another, and another..... But things did get better and I'm glad I didn't act on those thoughts and feelings. {{{{{hugs to you}}}}}
Grace loves cats
on 9/5/06 4:32 pm - CA
Thank you so much. It's such a stupid struggle at times. Thank you so much for your help & concern- I really do appriciate that very much. I see a new Doctor on Thursday finally. Thank you!!!' Love, Grace
Patricia R.
on 9/5/06 12:49 pm - Perry, MI
Grace, Go directly to an emergency room and tell them you feel suicidal and want to go to a hospital for inpatient care. Insist that they get you that help. You are cared about here, by everyone. We cannot give you any advice other than to seek professional help for those feelings. Understand that there are many who have felt as you do, and have climbed out of that feeling with professional help. Get help now. I care what happens to you. I am a cat lover, and my two cats are my life some days. Their names are Ellie and Madison. Let us know what you decide to do. We do care. Hugs, Trish
JustJo
on 9/5/06 12:52 pm - Effingham, IL
Grace, dear girl, you matter so much to so many people--I have always SO MUCH enjoyed your posts and just feel so sorry that you're having this terrible struggle. You are so much more--and so much bigger--than these cir****tances & feelings that have thrown you into this depression. I know it's so hard for you right now to think straight, and that is why you absolutely must grab on to the help that is out there for you. Please, please be very honest with your husband--let him know how bad it is right now--and please go to the hosp. tonight if you must. You have been through so much. You've given yourself a whole new life after losing all your weight. YOU CAN DO THIS TOO! But you don't have to do it alone! Addiction and depression are powerful, but the God I know is AWESOME and MIGHTY, and He has a plan for your life! Use the earthly resources the Lord has provided--family, friends, & professionals--and He will hold your hand through all of this. I am praying for you right now. You don't have to answer this--just accept my prayers. And let us all know after you're feeling better, OK? Jo
Grace loves cats
on 9/5/06 4:37 pm - CA
Jo, Thank you so much. I appriciate that. I am trying hard to maintain. Thank you so much for your help & concern- I really do appriciate that very much. I see a new Doctor on Thursday finally. A phscyiatrict Doctor. Thanks again. Love, Grace
LaDena
on 9/5/06 5:40 pm - Spokane Valley, WA
Grace, Please Please Please get some help. You know yourself best. And if you are even having ideas of suicide, you need to be seen. Please don't wait until Thursday. It's great that you have an appointment. But, honey, don't wait. Don't put yourself through the emotional pain, and anxiety. I have to say, I've been reading lots and lots of profiles. I'm still learning about all of this stuff. And yours was one of the most inspiring that I've read. I love Barry Manilow too! I bet you've been to see him. I tried to get tickets a couple of times, but he sold out. Guess we aren't the only ones who love him. God loves you Grace...and so do we. You have a huge family of friends here. You know you can always turn to these wonderful people. They won't make you feel embarassed, ashamed or humiliated. Please take our advice and seek some help now! I'll be praying for you, Love and hugs Dena
(deactivated member)
on 9/5/06 9:33 pm - Midland City, AL
Grace, You know we are all here for you. Thursday is very close. There is a light at the end of this dark tunnel. Hang in there. Keep posting as often as you can to stay busy.
Dr.Marcy
on 9/5/06 5:39 pm - LOS ANGELES, CA
Grace sweetie are you seeing a therapist or psychologist??? I am worried for your safety. Medication may be the answer. Please call your local suicide hotline or 911. You may e-mail me if you need to. We all care for you!
Grace loves cats
on 9/6/06 7:57 am - CA
Hi Marcy- I'm seeing a psychiatrist, the one that can give me meds. Or take me off old ones. I can't wait. Grace
(deactivated member)
on 9/6/06 11:12 am - Midland City, AL
Grace, are you ok today? We love you and care about you and hope tomorrow brings sunshine.
Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 770 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 751 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 976 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1682 views