Feelings of guilt...

*~ Dayner Dee ~*
on 9/3/06 10:51 pm - East Burbs, MN
I am so angry with myself...!! I was doing so good!!.. Well...needless to say while I was on vacation this past week, I decided to have a beer. There was no stopping me as I was bound and determined like I had something to prove. I drank one and went on to my diet coke. Not that I felt any better about just having 1, but dang WHY did I do that!! It didnt even taste good and I didnt like the way I felt after I drank it. A very odd part of my thinking is glad I did as it served as a reminder, for me anyway, that I dont want to take that route anymore.. So.. What is my story..?? Do I start at day one.. again? I have NO problem doing that.. Not trying to justify my 1, but just wanted to figure out where to go from here. I should have gone to a meeting while down south, but didnt.. DANG...Have I told you how angry I am with myself?! Thanks for listening to my ramblings.. It is much appreciated.. Dana
allyoop_702
on 9/4/06 2:34 am - rome, OH
congrats, you only had one. could have been worse. just continue what you were doing to maintain your sobriety. that one did not escalate into anything more so don't feel guilty. i am glad you stopped i one, i surely couldn't have. i am proud of you.
*~ Dayner Dee ~*
on 9/4/06 3:28 am - East Burbs, MN
I dont think it could have been worse that the one. I really seem to be beating myself up with the just one.. I havent had any urges or cravings since and certainly hope that I dont or atleast I hope will overcome the next time. Thanks Diane..
Patricia R.
on 9/4/06 4:38 am - Perry, MI
Dana: Stop kicking yourself and relax. Slips don't mean a full blown relapse if you stop at one. Sure, it would be great if you didn't have it, BUT, you can't go back in time and change the past. Learn from it. Write in a journal about the whys the wherefores and the other issues around what led to your beer. Be brutally honest with yourself and really self-examine. If you go to meetings, go and put your hand up and be honest there. My first sobriety had a lot of slips in the beginning. Some were uglier than others. Hugs, Trish
*~ Dayner Dee ~*
on 9/4/06 6:28 am - East Burbs, MN
Thanks Trish ~ I do feel I am learning from this and I will be honest at my next meeting. For a very small amount of time I thought seriously about not saying anything and moving forward, but I could not do that as it wouldnt be honest with anyone, more importantly, myself. I hope for no more slip ups as I know that I dont want the consequences.. Hugs back atcha! Dana ps.. How are you feeling..? Everything going well with your recovery from surgery? Healing Hugs to you!
Corgi Mom !.
on 9/4/06 7:38 pm - sunny, FL
Dana, You made some really wonderful steps in that beer. Take from it the good. Alcohol has always tricked us now you can trick it and take control. 1. You truly admitted that you want to stop drinking and proved it through your feelings 2. You were honest....wow...Great job. I think you have qualified to recover. You will with these steps. Slips happen and it is all about what you get from them and how you move forward. Look to your higher power and be greatful for the lesson. You have come so far and will continue to move forward. Kirsten
Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 770 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 751 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 976 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1682 views