Alcohol is my buddy when nobody eles is

vickiang
on 9/2/06 6:57 am - Austin, TX
Don't let that person put you off. I don't even know who she is, and she certainly has no prerogative to say what kind of board we are. We ARE a recovery forum, hopefully. We recover from MO, compulsive eating, gambling, sex, shopping, alcool, drugs. We all had wls to better out lives. Personally, I do not want to be a good looking drunk...or corpse! Let it wash over you. Stick to your guns and don't ley someone affect your own sobriety/recovery. Heck, you don't even know them; they can't take up your brain space. Do you know the one about drinking poison and expecting the other guy to die? Don't do it...stay with us. Vicki
ms jay
on 9/3/06 1:27 am - OH
PittsburghCutie
on 9/5/06 1:38 am - Pittsburgh, PA
"I just know that when I come to this forum, I see many people playing around, not serious about stopping their addiction." I wouldn't lurk on this board and sometimes post if I wasn't serious about stopping my addiction. Please explain to me why/how we 'play around' with our lives? I came here when I thought I needed help. Just because I don't post everyday and am not a "regular poster" doesn't mean I don't absorb things off of this board. Coming at someone with all of these negative aspects isn't going to help. It's like telling a fat person to go on a diet, or go exercise. We all know how that is, and how far it got us. And, if I take support from someone that still drinks, doesn't mean I will fail with said support. Sorry not everyone is as sober as you, however, we should all be treated with respect and dignity, not feel guilty about our actions. As if we don't already know what we've done. Hence, why we are here. Support for our addictions.
allyoop_702
on 9/3/06 5:40 am - rome, OH
i love taking that first drink too. this is such a hard addiction to get away from. any addiction is. i am here to support you. i am not sure what i can do for you but my ears are open for listening. i do not go to meetings and such so i cannot remark on that. i have been sober for almost 20 months without meetings. some people need them, some people don't. you choose your recovery. what is best for you. not what someone else tells you that you need to do. the first thing you have accomplished is admitting you have a problem. my rock bottom was hospitalization. everyone has a different one. i feel for you so much. i remember feeling the way you do and alot of people do not understand what you go through and what you think. it is so much easier to pick up that bottle and to hell with it. self medication always made me feel good. and like you, it was my buddy. you are more than welcome to personally email me if you would like to talk. i can give you my home phone. i really don't know what else to say. keep your chin up, don't listen to negativaty, and be strong. you are the only one who can control this addiction. best of luck to you!!
Grace loves cats
on 9/4/06 3:12 am - CA
Wow- congrats on 20 months!! I have a lot of problems, an i therapy, am on lots of meds, (which need overhauled), and I am just a mess right now. I believe in AA, but it's just not working for me all the way. I have lots of friends in AA who love me & care about me. I guess I'm lucky. My hubby wants me to stop- he's a 'normy'. I appriciate your kindness. I'm terrible on the phone- anyone in AA will tell you they have to pry my # with a crowbar. But thank you for your concern. Grace
Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 770 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 751 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 976 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1682 views