Alcohol is my buddy when nobody eles is

Grace loves cats
on 9/1/06 1:41 am - CA
I love taking that first drink- it's a friend that doesnot judge me. I know it is for the wrong reasons. I'm sorry to ramble. Please for give my Grace
Patricia R.
on 9/1/06 2:17 am - Perry, MI
But do you like the consequences of your drinking? What effect does alcohol have on your family? Your job? Your self-esteem? What length are you willing to go to to stop drinking? I am willing to go to any length to keep my sobriety. This is a recovery forum. Share what you are willing to do to get and stay sober. Hugs, Trish
ms jay
on 9/2/06 3:02 am - OH
This is not a recovery forum. Can you read! It says addictions. Get off of Graces' back. She understands that she likes to drink and it might be a problem. You are not helping her at all. Stop being so judgemental. Grace, you will be fine with positive support. Screw Patricia,she has a chip on her shoulders.
Grace loves cats
on 9/4/06 2:58 am - CA
Thank you Ms Jay. I go to AA- but I need more help. I am really struggling. Thanks for understanding. Grace
Curious G.
on 9/1/06 6:59 am - Peachtree City, GA
Hey Grace, I'll be a non-judgemental buddy if you need a friend! You and I both know that even though that drink is familiar and seemingly kind, it's like an abusive spouse or parent who will just whack us around again when we let down our defenses! Email me - I'm thinking of you!! hugs Michelle
Grace loves cats
on 9/4/06 3:05 am - CA
Michelle, Thank you very much. I love understanding people. I'm trying- I go to AA, but I still struggle. Thank you dear one. Grace (((((Hugs))))))
Lauretta
on 9/1/06 2:53 pm - Fort Walton Beach, FL
Grace! Honey we are here to listen and support. You do not have to keep doing this to yourself if you do not want to.I know you are struggling. Did you consider reworking your steps? Love, Laurie
Grace loves cats
on 9/4/06 3:07 am - CA
Hi Laurie- I'm on step 4, pretty much done with it, but I can't yet stay away from alcohol every day yet. I am working with my sponser. Thank you! Grace
ms jay
on 9/2/06 3:04 am - OH
This is not a recovery forum. Can you read! It says addictions. Get off of Graces' back. She understands that she likes to drink and it might be a problem. You are not helping her at all. Stop being so judgemental. Grace, you will be fine with positive support. Screw Patricia,she has a chip on her shoulders. We are here to listen to you.
Patricia R.
on 9/2/06 5:00 am - Perry, MI
You have no idea who I am or what I am about. I am not on Grace's back. I have no chip on my shoulder. I just know that when I come to this forum, I see many people playing around, not serious about stopping their addiction. My questions to Grace were to encourage her to think about the downside of drinking the alcohol she loves so much. I understand because I loved the alcohol for years. Problem is, I have too much to lose to pick up another drink. As for this being a recovery forum, I thought all of these forums were for recovery from bariatric surgery and the different issues that go along with it. This particular forum being addictions. When I post, I will post a recovery message. I won't soft-soap it because I lost too much with my drinking. I have been in AA for 17 years, and have been off alcohol for almost 5 years this time. You can be rude, and tell people to "Screw Patricia" all you want. You aren't going to scare me away from posting. I have been on this forum for several months and have been a regular poster, you are not regular. You obviously have a chip on your shoulder. Maybe you still like to drink too. You can take your support of someone still drinking and do with it as you will. Sincerely, Patricia Anne Reilly
Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 770 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 751 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 976 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1682 views