Rude People

Patricia R.
on 9/4/06 4:46 am - Perry, MI
I give what my sponsors gave me. That is where I learned to talk to people in early sobriety, wanting to get sober. My therapeutic skills were learned from my sponsors on this issue. I once took an overdose of codeine and got my butt kicked from here to Africa by an old timer who told me it was time to get serious about my sobriety. He yelled at me about my kids, (MY daughter babysat for his family) and he took no bull**** from me about anything. He is the one who told me to stop fooling around and make a meeting everyday, and call three women everyday, one of them being a new sponsor because my old sponsor bought my bull**** and to not drink everyday. Funny, I resented him for a long time, but I followed his advice. Three months later I was at a meeting he was speaking at, and I picked up my 90 day chip there. He gave me a ride home, and asked me where I had been hiding because he hadn't seen me and thought I was mad at him. I laughed and said I was too busy following his advice of meetings and phone calls to socialize otherwise. I had over 8 years of sobriety with that recovery. Gave it up by not going to meetings and trying it a different way. I now have almost 5 years, and I am not giving this one up for hell or high water. My advice will be the best I give. Your advice will be the best you give. God bless. Trish R.
Grace loves cats
on 9/4/06 3:02 am - CA
God Bless you Patricia. I love that you understand. We need more people like you in this world of recovery. Love, Grace LeMar
Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 770 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 751 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 976 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1682 views