Dr. Laura's new book

Curious G.
on 8/31/06 8:58 pm - Peachtree City, GA
I'm currently reading Dr. Laura's new book, "Bad Childhood, Good life", and I'm finding parts of it to be very poignant. Has anybody here picked it up yet? It gives some really good sound adivce of how to break the cycle of self-destruction and choosing a healthier life for ourselves. It's about taking back all the power and control as adults that some of us were denied as kids in bad situations. I'm finding it to be helpful and it's making me look at a lot of things differently than I had before. hugs all around m
Becky_M
on 9/1/06 2:18 am - Northwest, GA
I listen to her for 5 hours each day on the internet. The first 3 hours is a replay, but since I miss a fair bit because I'm at work, it all works out. I've read "The Proper Care and Feeding of Husbands" and it really opened my eyes to many things. She makes a lot of sense and I appreciate the advise she gives. She's given me many things to look at regarding myself.... sometimes not a pleasant site... LOL! Becky
Curious G.
on 9/1/06 7:01 am - Peachtree City, GA
The thing about Dr. Laura is either people LOVE her or HATE her. I happen to belong to the fan club .. I really like her style of cutting through the crap and forcing people to take responsibility for their lives. I have listened to her for years, although we don't get here here in Atlanta anymore on AM. She's really forced me to face some icky truths in my own life too! Take care, m
Lauretta
on 9/1/06 2:48 pm - Fort Walton Beach, FL
Never read any of her stuff but you are right people do love or hate her. I have heard her a few times. Guess I am an oddball sometimes I like her sometimes not. I am reading The Disease to PLease now it is also very insightful. It was scary to see just how bad my people pleasing behaviors are when I took the quiz in the book. I KNEW I did it but not to the extent that I do. I was also able to identify some growth on my part because I actually can say I have set some of it aside today. Love to read. Melody Beattie is one of my faves Laur
Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 770 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 751 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 976 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1682 views