Made it despite..

vickiang
on 8/29/06 7:30 am - Austin, TX
grey skies, rain, gloom and doom. Perfect day for eating mashed potatoes and watching Law and Order under the blankey in the old days. I almost was going to bail and workout at home ( now THAT'S an oxymoron in itself lol!) but Zoe called me from school saying she had been nailed for her shorts being too short. Ha! Girls wear spaghetti straps, show thier midriffs. Zoe is very conservative, almost to a fault. Her shorts went to mid-thigh. The administator said it's because her legs were so long, the hall monitor nailed her. Oh, were I her age and my biggest problems were that I was tall and had long legs! Anyway, that forced me out of the door in my gym clothes and I did a great workout. However, here is where the insanity begins. It was so nice once the rain stopped that I broke halfway through my workout to took a walk outside (Kathy's fault!). I went to Target to see if any gym tops were on clearance. The motivation is in place, task defined. I get to Target and they have 10 tons of samples on the floor. My evil self says no matter, they're tiny bits. But I ate 6...that's gotta be 500 cals.! So I probably burned at most 200, ate 500, went back to the gym 300 in the whole, but with 2 nice tops. So I'm determined to burn the extra. I'm pumping away on the bike, level 4, maybe 30 min already, went to take my heartrate and dang! I had forgotten to push start. You know dang isn't what I said to myself! However, I did not want to walk around feeling guilty all day, so I started from the beginning, then went onto circuit training. I was so tired, I caught tangled up in this complcated leg and shoulder press thingy. I'm trying not to look like a total jerk, but I had to scrunch down until I was kissing my knees and then literally rolled out of the machine and thump! on the floor. I tried to inconspicuosly make my way to the shower, then made a hasty retreat, wet hair and sunglasses. Cripes! Good thing I've at least lost weight. But it has become obvious to me that I had better pay attention to developing my personality, or I'm tanked. Sigh! This should be fun...going to my first yoga class tomorrow. Vicki
Lauretta
on 8/29/06 9:11 am - Fort Walton Beach, FL
Gosh I hope I can get to a place where I am into the gym. You make it sound good. I cannot stand it! I have a free membership I NEVER use. I admit tho it is wearing on me this resistance to sucking it up and doing it. Just like Nike Just Do It. LOL Willing to at least think about it again so maybe that is progress. laurie
Becky_M
on 8/29/06 12:48 pm - Northwest, GA
yoga rocks!
Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 770 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 751 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 976 views
What triggers your anxiety