My internet was down

Patricia R.
on 8/26/06 3:29 pm - Perry, MI
I had a bummer happen on Friday morning. My internet was shut off. I had failed to pay my cable bill on time and ACK, I lost my connection with the outside world. Understand, I am seriously addicted to this thing. It has helped me so much through my preparing for the surgery. Then, on the weekend right before my surgery, when my anxiety level is through the roof, I lose my connection. I saw my psychiatrist on Friday, and my therapist on Saturday, and had two really good sessions discussing my surgery. My psychiatrist told me he has seen such a change in me since I first started with him in 1990. I have completely transformed my life. He is so proud of me. I told him I was so afraid of relapsing with the alcohol because I am giving up the food. He teased me and said that he and my therapist would beat me if I did that. (He is like a father to me.) We laughed. My therapist reminded me to keep doing my self-soothing. He also told me he would be available to talk on the phone on Friday morning if I need him. My surgery is Monday at 10:30 EDT. I hope to get to an AA meeting on Sunday. Hugs, Trish
Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 770 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 751 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 976 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1682 views