Vacation Prep...

*~ Dayner Dee ~*
on 8/23/06 11:38 pm - East Burbs, MN
Im glad to say things are going a-ok.. Still taking it One Day At A Time, as I probably will have to for a while. This coming Saturday we are leaving for our 8 day camping trip to beautiful SE Iowa. Yeah.. I know.. we could find a better place, but we go down to Burlington every Labor day weekend to visit family and go to a tractor show. We decided this year to extend it and stay at the state park in the camper. Should be fun and I am going to do as much relaxing as I possibly can. I did something that surprised my SO as well as myself.... I looked up AA Meetings in the town that we will be by and plan to go to one or 2 to keep myself in check. I hope everyone is doing well!! Dana 59 days SOBER..
Lauretta
on 8/24/06 12:10 am - Fort Walton Beach, FL
Omg! I went to college in Mt. Pleasant. You must be going to Old Treshers Reunion! I spent 4 years there and even worked in one of the tents one year.My husband is from Iowa City. I lived there for 3 years after college. Not often I run into someone familiar with that area. My nursing training was mostly in the Burlinton Hospital. We drove 30 miles each way everyday we had clinical so I know that area well. I think it is pretty down by the river. I will be in Iowa City that weekend for a family wedding. Too bad it is just far enough to be too far to get together with family obligations and all. We are flying into the Quad Cities and driving into IC late Thursday for a Sat wedding and flying back to Fl on Sunday. It is the first wedding of this generation in the family.I wish I could stay longer but it is hard with work, college, and frankly everyone will be tired after the big event.Hubby and 2 of my 3 kids are going. They HAVE to get back.It is an excellent idea to hit a few mtgs while out there.My fellowship is always interested in how they do it in other places everyone wants to know if there are different ways they hold mtg.I went to one on a cruise ship and only I and the recovering addict traveling showed up! over 2000 people and we were the only ones. That was okay since if you have 2 addicts you have a meeting! Would have liked more there but hey you take what you have to work with. Cruise ships are full of triggers so I was glad we had a chance to just talk recovery. Have a wonderful trip and bring the insect repellant! Congrats on 59 days! Do you pick up a chip on Friday!? Hugs, Laurie
*~ Dayner Dee ~*
on 8/24/06 12:25 am - East Burbs, MN
OMGosh - SMALL WORLD !! YES...The Threshers Reunion it IS!! How funny! Randys brother has volunteered to work it for the last bazillian years and They have family that live in Burlington.. We are staying at Geode... YES...SO close, yet a little too far.. It would have been awesome to meet you if it could have worked out. I am truly hoping to get to my meeting tomorrow night, however, we have to go to a going away gathering for some good friends that are moving. The house we are going to is very close to my Friday meeting though, so I hope to excuse myself discreetly and come back.. We will see how it works out. Enjoy your trip and wedding!! Dana
*~ Dayner Dee ~*
on 8/25/06 8:21 pm - East Burbs, MN
Hey Laurie ~ Just wanted to tell you that I did get to my meeting an SO glad I did. My specific AA group doesnt have 30 & 60 day chips, they start at 90 days BUT when sharing with the group on my 60 days, I got some wooo-hooo's and atta-girls to give me that renewed strength I needed. Have a great weekend! Dana
Lauretta
on 8/26/06 3:01 pm - Fort Walton Beach, FL
That is so good Dana! I just got home from my sponsees 1 yr celebration. Our group makes a big fuss with dinner, cake, the whole deal.The celebrant shares their story with the group. It was a wonderful night. One day at a time you will get there too. laurie
DarDar
on 8/24/06 1:12 am - exton, PA
I just LOVE going to meetings while on vacation. I went to Chicago last year and I really enjoyed it. I got up early and left my vacation mates to sleep in while I took care of myself. Good thing I did, cus they drank that day, and I didn't thanks to that meeting. DarDar
Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 770 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 751 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 976 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1682 views