What have I done?

Lauretta
on 8/24/06 12:23 am - Fort Walton Beach, FL
That is what I was asking myself late yesterday afternoon. I am painfully aware that over the years as my situation progressed I stopped doing many things that I used to do. I eventually lost my confidence to do many of them. i have had it in my head that certain things around the house need to be done but hubby does not see them as a priority. I am pissy about it. Even if I am not nagging it irritates me. I came to realize I used to do those kind of things if it was important to me. So I decided to tackle a few things. Regrouting the bathroom floor, painting our bedroom, staining a cedar chest.....Well, yesterday I grouted. OMG! What a mess. After scraping grout out of a million cracks I spread the grout and it looked like I frosted a cake. I got alittle carried away. I lost the technique apparently. LOL what a mess. It took forever to literaly scrape each tile free of grout then wash them. I just took some deep breaths and kept plugging along. It looks good now. I am proud of myself. Today I patch the ceiling with that awful popcorn ceiling spray so I can paint next week. I want it to be good and cured before I paint or it will lift right off. I hate those ceilings but I will not scrape it off it is a big room!!!Now I must add I am an awful painter. In the past my hubby refused to let me paint anymore. He is okay with it now. He is on board to replace the tile in that room. After I paint. LOL Laurie
*~ Dayner Dee ~*
on 8/24/06 12:29 am - East Burbs, MN
WTG ~ Dont know that I could tackle anything like that!! Good Luck on the painting!
Patricia R.
on 8/24/06 11:53 am - Perry, MI
You go girl.!!!!! The toughest messes usually become the neatest accomplishments. The neat thing is that we can enjoy such accomplishments all the more because we are clean and sober. I am proud of you. Hugs, Trish
Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 770 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 751 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 976 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1682 views