Gimme a break..not my fault!

vickiang
on 8/21/06 10:04 pm - Austin, TX
I can't tell you how many decades I put myself down and walked in guilt, shame and low self-esteem because I overate, so was therefore undisciplined and a glutton. And I didn't exercise, so I was lazy and slothful. There are rare times when I still am those things. But I've finally learned to give myself some self respect and self acknowledgement as to the difference between body and mind, and not dump on myself if I can't meet expectations (which, by the way, are ones I set up for myself). I'm having another round of imsomnia due to hot flashes, darn it! Two full nights, not a wink, just the incessand alternating chills and sweats. This morning I have a slight headache, my vision is slightly blurred and I am lightheaded; classic, normal signs of sleep deprivation. And I do NOT feel at all like working out. And I do NOT crave healthy food; in fact, I'm not even hungry, but being tired is one of the HALTs and can lead to a carb cycle (hungry, angry, lonely, tired). And it is NOT my fault! I have a Dr.s appt and will see if I can get an hour or two in before then, and then try to hit the gym, if for no other reason than to boost my morale. Any piddly thing there will be more than I'll do here, and there's no frig at hand. Vicki
*~ Dayner Dee ~*
on 8/21/06 11:36 pm - East Burbs, MN
You are right, its not your fault!!! Dang hormones!!!
Patricia R.
on 8/22/06 12:17 pm - Perry, MI
Vicki, I totally understand when things are not in our control. That is when we must follow our program NO MATTER WHAT. I have to do it whether I like it or not. I spent 48 years doing things my way. Now I have to start doing things the program way. My eating program and exercise program are dictated by my docs. My recovery from alcohol is dictated by my God, with the help of AA. The athletic shoe advertiser said "Just Do It." I am going to do it. My surgery is Monday. Hugs, Trish
Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 770 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 751 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 976 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1682 views