Smokers?

SadieJayne
on 8/21/06 6:55 pm - Phoenix, AZ
I am 1 month and 4 days away from my surgery. I quit smoking a week ago. Man. I keep thinking of how hard this whole thing is going to be. First the cigs, next week -caffeinated, carbonated stuff. The smoking is a little easy, because of the patch (thank GOD for the patch). I have had a few "outbursts". I made my husband give up sodas because, "If I can't smoke - you can't drink Diet Coke 8 times a day!!!!" (And I sounded a lot like the chickie from The Exorcist, when I said it.) And, he gave it up. No questions asked. (I admit, I wanted a fight over it, but he is willing to do anything to help me succeed on this journey... So it was natural that since I can't have them any more, neither will he. He is such a wonderful human being.) He had a terrible headache yesterday. I bought him a Diet Coke from the gas station. Dang it. Anyway - I am really nervous about the changes that I am about to face. No smoking - no more sodas, COMPLETE change of eating habits. It's going to be tough, I know. Sorry. I just wanted to complain. (And when I went outside with friends, for their smoke break - I had to come back in the building. The smell made me sick.)
Lauretta
on 8/22/06 2:30 pm - Fort Walton Beach, FL
Sounds like you are on the right track! Wishing you luck and vent all you want. Lifestyle changes are a big deal. Laurie
Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 770 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 751 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 976 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1682 views