I may be featured on oprah...

ethanzmom
on 8/20/06 8:08 am - Elk Grove, CA
Is there anyone out there who has substituted food for alcohol?
Patricia R.
on 8/20/06 8:40 am - Perry, MI
In 1989, ,I first stopped drinking. I weighed 190 pounds. I was sober over 8 years and gained 80 pounds during that time. I relapsed, and then got sober again 3 years later. I gained 50 pounds since then. I have always known I am not only alcoholic but have behavioral addictions. Keeping up with all of them is my struggle. When will you be on Oprah? Hugs, Trish
Vicketti
on 8/20/06 11:03 am - Arlington, VA
I have and I've been struggling. I haven't gained any weight back. And I think I'm on the recoverying end. But it's more common than you think I have found out! Feel free to e-mail me and I can tell you what worked for me and what didn't. I would write it all here right now, but I'm getting ready to leave. Good luck. There is hope. And you never have to drink again! Vicky
Loril
on 8/21/06 12:50 am - Hopkins, MN
Those hear *****ad my posts know I do. And I now after understanding it more I, know I do!
DarDar
on 8/21/06 2:23 am - exton, PA
Yes!!! I've been in and out of the program for 12 years. This last time (I have 14 months). I have gained over 100 pounds. Even after surgery I'm still not at my starting weight. DarDar
Loril
on 8/21/06 6:41 am - Hopkins, MN
YES YES YES But I still feel a bit isolated from other stories I read, as I never drank before WLS. I didnt realize how addicted to food I was, I guess. Whoo if I knew then what I knew know. I wouldve addressed the food part first. Live and learn, and I AM LEARNING! and am working on this new piece of me. Lori
vickiang
on 8/21/06 10:11 pm - Austin, TX
Lori, Don't feel isolated. Doesn't matter how we got here, but that we're here. I've heard stories of people who drank since they were 10, and then there are people like me where I had two kids, late 30's, moved, was isolated, and drink took me down within 6 mos. However, even then it was NOTHING compared to post wls! I know lots of people here who developed substance problems post wls. Most of them haven't come to accept that it's a real problem physically. Like I said in my last post, they're still blaming themselves and are trying to be more disciplined and beat it on their own. I would rather admit I have a problem than feel like a failure every day of my life. Vicki
allyoop_702
on 8/22/06 1:44 am - rome, OH
when i quit drinking i did gain 45 lbs. back but that was because i was so malnutritioned that i actually needed to. i do find myself going for food more now that i quit. but i have maintained my weight so i guess that is a good thing. have a great day!!
Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 770 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 751 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 976 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1682 views