Long time no see!

Lauretta
on 8/19/06 3:13 am - Fort Walton Beach, FL
Seems like ages since I posted! It has been a crazy time here. I am good just have a lot of needy people in my life. I have a sponsee who had a lot of drama. With that it seems I have attracted a lot of newcomers who are looking for experience, hope and strength. In order to keep myself well and do what I need to do for myself, family and other addicts computer time has not been a priority. I miss you all and think I need to pop in more for me. This is a great forum to keep me accountable. Oldest son got a new job and arranged for new roommates so the rent will be paid! Good news because we are the landlords!!! Daughter starts college Monday and is very happy, youngest is in school and doing better than ever. He had his first football game of the year and did great! Hubby is not overly stressed whic is always a blessing! I am working at being more financially responsible which is one of my biggest character defects! It is especially hard for me this time of year. Too much going on with school and birthdays. One day at a time!LOL. It is noon and I remain in pj's so I guess I should get responsible and get something else done today!!!! Hugs to all, laurie
Patricia R.
on 8/19/06 3:42 am - Perry, MI
Hey Laurie, Good to see you back. I was away for almost a week, and came home feeling a bit squirrely from too much MOM. I am feeling the financial squeeze a bit too. Not enough money to make my bills. Something has got to give. I am hoping that my lack of food consumption will save me money, because I live alone and only buy groceries for me. Stay connected here even just to vent about what is going on with the needy people in your life. Hugs, Trish
Lauretta
on 8/19/06 3:57 am - Fort Walton Beach, FL
Hi Trish! Good to be back! I am a serious people pleaser! I am getting much better but felt in my current situation I need more direction and tools.Typical adult child of an alcoholic am I! LOL I feel like we are the 12 step cheerleaders sometimes. I do not want anyone to think that is the only way. I know it is not. I do know it saved my life so I am a big fan. My fellowship here locally is very open and accepting of how my addiction surfaces in all areas of my life so I never feel uncomfortable sharing about that. It is not usually about the drugs or alcohol today it is about living life doing the next right thing. Good to see your happy face! Laurie
Patricia R.
on 8/19/06 4:29 am - Perry, MI
Laurie, It is interesting to note that during my graduate study for my MSW, I wrote paper after paper about the 12 step programs NOT being the only way to recovery, and researched other programs at great length. However, for me, they are the most convenient. They are all over the world and they are the most affordable. In my area, Philadelphia and surrounding counties, there are so many meetings available I have multiple choices on any given night as to what AA meeting I would like to attend. I explored other programs for myself, and the problem is lack of meetings. One program believes you don't have to attend after you get sober and have some recovery time under your belt, and that leads to lack of people willing to hold meetings. The great thing about AA is that the key to recovery is carrying the message to the still suffering alcoholic helps me stay sober. I need the meetings to reach out to newcomers. That is what keeps me sober. Sorry to babble. Glad you are back.
Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 770 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 751 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 976 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1682 views