Another Meeting

Patricia R.
on 8/19/06 3:15 pm - Perry, MI
Hey there, I was at work, I work in a long term residential treatment facility for alcoholics and addicts with severe mental illness, and my coworker, another alcoholic in recovery, took his break and went to an AA meeting close by. I decided to see if there was another meeting nearby later, and found one 10 minutes away, so when he came back, I took my break and caught part of a meeting. The speaker shared about having major surgery and getting real sick and becoming addicted to narcotics after she had been sober for 18 months. She was grateful for the people from AA who helped her kick the drugs. I raised my hand and shared my concerns because of my upcoming surgery. During the break, a woman came up to me and shared that I would be okay, and to keep going to meetings and sharing. My therapist is not going to know what to do with me. Two meetings in a row. Hugs, Trish
Lauretta
on 8/20/06 2:22 am - Fort Walton Beach, FL
Excellent! Way to go Trish! You can deal with it just stay strong in recovery.I know you go to lots of different mtgs. Do you have a strong support group of people you call regularly? Time to get and use phone numbers! Love ya, laurie
Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 770 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 751 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 976 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1682 views