Gloria Gaynor ain't got $hi+ on me!

Curious G.
on 8/19/06 10:16 pm - Peachtree City, GA
First I was afraid - I was petrified... Ok, I'm feeling like a cheesy cruise ship performer... but... I'm still reeling from losing my job, but I will survive. I'm choosing to believe that there is simply a different PLAN for me. I wouldn't be OPEN to this plan if I was still comfy in my job and my habits. For those of you worried about me - don't be. I'm not drinking, using, crying, flipping out or doing anything stupid. I *AM* however doing a LOT of thinking and number crunching and praying. I got a 4 week severence package, and paid 3 months rent first thing off the bat. My parents have told me that they'll help me in any way possible while I am trying to find a new job. We are NOT going to starve, be evicted or insert horrible event here... My ex is putting the kids on his insurance pronto - so at least THEY will have medical coverage. I've got benefits for this last 4 weeks too, so I'm seeing my therapist, and doctor this coming week to get plenty of meds refills and stock up on the good therapy until I have mental health benefits again. I'm in severe planning mode - I am DEFINITELY a creature who thrives in crisis. Sometimes, I think I create crisis in my life on purpose in order to make myself undergo deep and meaningful changes. Who knows - that's one for the therapist. ANYHOW - don't worry about me you guys - I'm ok. I'm sober. AND I'm hopeful. I haven't lost my sense of humor, and this too shall pass. Love you all! m
Patricia R.
on 8/19/06 10:33 pm - Perry, MI
There used to be a sign on the wall at an AA clubhouse that said "Think, Think, Think." It sounds like you are doing just that. Good for you. You are not letting your emotions control your behavior and that is recovery. I am so proud of you. Can you also collect unemployment? That would help ease the transition. Also, are you eligible for COBRA? That is where you purchase a continuation of your medical benefits, though it is usually very expensive. These are just some suggestions that come to mind at this time. In any event, you are doing great. Keep working as whatever you are doing is working great. Hugs, Trish
Lauretta
on 8/20/06 2:28 am - Fort Walton Beach, FL
m, so proud of you. I do not know how plugged into AA or NA you are but remember it is free and very available. you will get past this crisis stage when it is time.it is in fact a motivator now. eventually it will not be and you will find serenity.you are an inspiration. Hugs, laurie do you aim or yahoo? I am on both as fwbla
Patricia R.
on 8/20/06 3:31 am - Perry, MI
Laurie, I am on AIM, if you ever want to chat. My nick is madison110157 Madison is my older cat. 110157 is my birthday. That way my kids have no excuse for forgetting my name online. HEHE. Hugs, Trish
*~ Dayner Dee ~*
on 8/20/06 8:07 pm - East Burbs, MN
Morn'n M~ You have great focus and know what you have to do.. I am so proud of you and your strength.. Keep it up! ONE DAY AT A TIME!! Dana
Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 770 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 751 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 976 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1682 views