Court went ok... but....

Curious G.
on 8/19/06 2:55 am - Peachtree City, GA
I got pretty much what I expected in court. 750 fine (which ended up being 1600 bucks after all the fees were added), 12 months probation, 1 yr loss of license (but i get a work permit for 3 months then can apply to get the license back), and 40 hours of community service. I get OFF probation altogether when I pay the fine and do the community service. BUT... I came home after a completely nervewracking day to get a phone call from work. They've laid off three people and I'm one of them. I knew the work situation was delicate - the financial state of the company has deteriorated significantly over the last few years. So - here I am with a huge fine to pay, kids to support, no job, no license and no car. Isn't this great? Right now it's all I can do to breathe. this too shall pass, this too shallpass, this too shall pass. m
Lauretta
on 8/19/06 3:03 am - Fort Walton Beach, FL
M, You have walked thru worse so I know you can do this too. Keep you in my thoughts and prayers! Laurie
Patricia R.
on 8/19/06 3:45 am - Perry, MI
There is a great story in the AA Big Book where a doctor discusses "life on life's terms" and acceptance. I often turn to it at times like you are experiencing. You are correct, this too shall pass. Start sending out resumes and applying for a new job. Careerbuilder.com is a great website. Many companies let you send your resume online and apply online. Just remember that drinking now won't get your job back and won't pay your fines. It will just postpone the inevitable. Hugs, Trish
Curious G.
on 8/19/06 10:19 pm - Peachtree City, GA
haha ironically enough - the thing that kept me from drinking Friday was the knowing I had **NO** disposable income. Hey whatever works huh? The thing that keeps me not drinking is the realization that things are definitely bad enough right now. I don't need to make them worse. Drinking makes things worse - I do really dumb things when I drink. Hugs - I use computerjobs.com mostly for online job seeking due to the industry I'm in. I'm great at job seeking. I'd sent out a set of resumes before the sun set on Friday. Thanks for thinking of me! m
Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 770 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 751 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 976 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1682 views