I need a sponsor...

*~ Dayner Dee ~*
on 8/17/06 11:50 pm - East Burbs, MN
I know that I can ask and I will receive, however why do I feel like I cant.? I have been given numbers from my meetings and know I could call someone if I want, but why dont I..? nerves..shyness..who knows.. My job is not the best place lately, but I do think I am handling things well as I am still sober, but I fear one day soon I may crack... uuuuuggg!! So.. I resort to the next best place.. HERE... Thanks for listening! Dana
Patricia R.
on 8/18/06 6:51 am - Perry, MI
Your reluctance to call someone to ask them to be your sponsor is so normal. For me, it was fear of rejection, or getting a Nazi sponsor who would insist I make 90 meetings in 90 days. The neat thing is, God always gave me the right sponsor when I needed her. Do your third step and turn the situation over to God. Pray and consider who you wish to be your sponsor. Then, pray and call the one you think is right for you. Don't be upset if you get turned down. A lot of times it is their issues, time, availability, etc. Good luck. Hugs, Trish
Lauretta
on 8/19/06 3:23 am - Fort Walton Beach, FL
Dana, Open your heart and mind and start making the calls. Everyone knows it is hard. it shows willingness which is essential to recovery. You are trying to save your ass not your face here so just do it! The value is in doing it not what you have to say initially. I resisted for a long time and I look back and wish I had plugged in quicker. My support group of gals I call is vital even if it leaving a phone message to say just thinking of you or Hi just checking in! I love this mb but it is not a substitute for voices and people who are available to you localy. Your support group needs to hear from you. They need to know when your voice is okay or not and the only way I know that is when I talk to someone regularly. I can tell in seconds if someone is just saying all is well vs. if they really are doing okay by the tone in the voice! Good luck and trust the process. Hugs, Laurie
Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 770 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 751 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 976 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1682 views