Court Today

Curious G.
on 8/17/06 8:36 pm - Peachtree City, GA
OK you guys. Today I go to court for the DUI. I'm pleading guilty. I'm very very nervous! Even though my attorney told me what to expect, I have this crazy notion that *I* will be the only person in the history of this county to be incarcerated for her first dui. I'll be glad when it's over. I'm dressed very conservatively yet classy, and I have my best humble attitude. Here's hoping. In other news.. my attorney advised AGAINST this, but something is bugging me. The accident I "caused" included several vehicles. A couple of people were hurt. I have no idea how badly, but I feel terrible! Is it in horrible form if I send a card or note to the injured parties expressing my horror, remorse and sincere hope for their recovery? My lawyer said not to do so because the insurance stuff still might go to court. My take is, I'm already pleading guilty to the dui - seems a slam dunk in court to prove I was at fault. Why not take responsibility and show those who were hurt that I'm not a callous, non feeling jerk? I feel the need to make amends - or at LEAST to express my remorse and sincere hope for their getting better. What do y'all think? Anyhow - WISH ME LUCK! love Michelle "georgette" C
*~ Dayner Dee ~*
on 8/17/06 10:00 pm - East Burbs, MN
I wish you all the best today and always!! Happy and positive vibes, for a desired outcome, heading down to GA! Dana
Patricia R.
on 8/17/06 10:12 pm - Perry, MI
Good luck in court. I know how you feel wanting to make amends to the people you hurt or damaged in the accident but LISTEN TO YOUR LAWYER. He knows much better than you do. Guilt in a court of law is a whole different thing that insurance liabililty for an injury in an accident. You should have no communication with the people who were involved in your accident till the law clears you of liability. To make an amends to assuage your guilt, donate some money to a rehab center for people who suffer injuries in accidents, or do some volunteer work there. Or, put some money in an offering plate at church. Pray and ask God to help you be a sober person who won't drive under the influence anymore. Keep going to AA meetings. One day at a time. Hugs, Trish
susan in sugar land
on 8/18/06 12:09 pm - SUGAR LAND, TX
Michelle, Listen to your lawyer. Do what he/she says. I think of you every day and wish you nothing but the best. Stay strong. Hugs, Susan
Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 770 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 751 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 976 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1682 views