Squrrels are loose

vickiang
on 8/12/06 9:53 pm - Austin, TX
And it's 6:30 in the morning on a Sunday? I jolted out of bed at 6 am, thinking it was Monday, the first day of scool. Made lunches, coffee, started breakfast and fed the pets before it dawned on me what day it was. Befuddled, I made my way to the scale to find I am UP 4 pounds from yesterday. Crud! No worry. I didn't even eat 4 pounds of food yesterday. It always happens like that with me. Lose 3, gain 2 lose 2 gain 1 ad infinitum... At least I know I lost a solid pound last week, and that's what I had expected and hoped for. Those days of dropping 5 in a day or two are history. In a way, thank God. But in a way, those were nice incentives. Of course, on the other hand, it used to be torture if I would get up and actually weigh more, like this morning. Anyway, it's already getting easier. The final breakthrough will be tomorrow when I can get back to my routine. I feel comforted when I have the illusion of having some degree of control over my actions and food. So it's back to getting up at 5:30 and going to my morning meditation, which sets my head straight, then to the gym, which primes my body, nice shower, dress well and I'm set for the day, and set for success. No more night time munchies because I won't be up. Back to a protein shake on the way to the gym. It will hurt the first week or two, but hopefully I'll have something to show by the end of that time which will make it all worth it. I never thought of myself as a disciplined person, subject to routine, in fact, quite the contrary. But this summer in Austin with a new "life" has taught me I can no longer play on a slippery slope. I may not be fastidious in my eating or diligent in my exercise, but I have to do it just like brushing my teeth or things slowly start to deteriorate. OK, onward ho. 4 weeks 2 days until I leave. I'd like to drop 14. That's unlikey, but I can at least shoot for 8, which will still be hard but not impossible. I don't want to pour myself into a girdle like sausage into casing with my dress! Vicki
Lauretta
on 8/13/06 5:59 am - Fort Walton Beach, FL
Wishing you success Vicki. I am maintaining altho inches slowly are dropping. I fluctuate a few pounds on a daily basis and do not really pay much attention in the way of concern just keep track mentally I stay in range. I have decided to tackle some projects around the house I have been asking to get done and no one but me seems to think they are a priority. It was making me aggitated so I am going to try it myself. I guess I will figure it out. No sense torturing the family if it means so damn much to me I will recaulk and grout the bathroom! Yikes! Years ago I would tackle stuff like this but it has been 20 years! Laurie
Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 770 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 751 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 976 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1682 views