DAY ONE:

Loril
on 8/7/06 11:11 pm - Hopkins, MN
And feeling optimistic and proud. But I DO know that I will get that "4:00 itch" and then I will be struggling. And going crazy. Just have to get through tonight.... Thanks for listening! Lori
Curious G.
on 8/7/06 11:51 pm - Peachtree City, GA
Hit me up at 4 pm if you need to! I'll be getting a 6 pm itch myself if today is like yesterday. I was sitting here literally with my keys in hand ready to go get a bottle of rum, when *ding* an email came in from a dear friend from the lists who seemed to say EXACTLY the right thing at that moment to get me over the urge. The strange thing is that this is the first REAL craving I've had in months. I think I was trying to hide behind the WORRY about the situation I've created with the DRINKING (dui). See the crazy cycle there? It sounds nutso when I type it out, but when I'm feeling it, I fail to see the black and white of it. I feel you Lori - we'll get thru tonight first - then on to tomorrow. With ya girl! m
*~ Dayner Dee ~*
on 8/8/06 12:11 am - East Burbs, MN
Hugs to you LORI!! YOU CAN DO IT...!! ONE DAY AT A TIME!! Dana
DarDar
on 8/8/06 1:51 am - exton, PA
I know how you feel. I have 14 months sober now, and my worst time of day was after work. I would leave my job, stop at the liquor store, get a 1.7 liter of whiskey and drink it ALL until I passed out, then come to intime to go to work. The next day would be excatly the same. So for me I found a meeting at 5:30. I went there right after work. That helped to break the habit of the liquor store. After that I found another meeting to go to. I still do a lot of meetings. I have changed my 5:30 meeting for a 6:30AM meeting. That way I go to the mall and walk for about 45 min then go to work. I walk more when I get home from work, and then hit another meeting. So far this has been helping for me. Look for an afternoon meeting in your area. Do you have a club house to go to? DarDar
*~ Dayner Dee ~*
on 8/8/06 10:14 pm - East Burbs, MN
Morning Lori!! Just wanted to wish you well today!! Dana
Lauretta
on 8/9/06 2:58 am - Fort Walton Beach, FL
Hang on Lori! They add up one day at a time. hugs, Laurie
Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 770 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 751 views