Another chance

vickiang
on 8/7/06 11:06 pm - Austin, TX
I would have never have been able to get to goal if AA hadn't taught me to left foot, right foot it and turn it over instead of driving myself crazy. A new day, a clean slate. No regrets even though for some hideous reason I am actually up 7 pounds since yesterday. Were it 1-2 pounds, I would be po'd, but you gotta know 7 pounds is impossible. I'm probably full of it, as usual! So, I'll do my stretches at home. No excuse to bail on the gym because Zoe has an appointment for the chiropractor there at Gold's at 10. Ihave to trick myself because though honest to the world, I am a bald faced liar to myself. I made a chiropractor appt for myself Thursday and have committed to meeting a local wlser at her gym this weekend. Part of me STILL resist even when I'm looking forward to it! I guess it boils down to I don't like being told what to do, even by myself. I will pay more attention to intake today. I never did get the protein smoothie in yesterday since I finished off the salmon. I also grazed my way through fixing dinner to the point I was so full I couldn't sit down and eat with the family. I let myself get too hungry. I need to have a drink on hand when I cook so I can pick that up instead of popping morsels in my mouth. Not only because I shouldn't graze, but we really do need to sit down together, especially at this age. I am fixing homemade chili for tonight with ground turkey (watch out..some of it has more fat than beef) and lots of onion, peppers, tomatoes. The kids will have it over brats, I'll omit that. Also a green salad. I have chicken thighs and fruit for the kids for lunch and I guess I'll try for a second shake and a piece of fruit. So no excuse to be rumbling around in the frig. Let's see how this works. Walk me through this, guys. I am bound and determined. No way I am slipping into old habits after 5+ years. I am not compulsive or panicking or out of control right now. I've just gotten lazy and need to stop it in its' tracks. What triggered this straying from what I thought was my new normal lifestyle was this past surgery, the complications and ensuing depression, exacerbated my menopause. However, that's a reason, not an excuse. So off my tush I go. What's the alternative? Ugly thought. That should motivate you, if nothing else. Vicki
BeckyJean
on 8/7/06 11:46 pm - Lockport, NY
Dang, it's like you're in my life, Vicki! I've gained 15 pounds and a nasty snacking/imbibing habit since the spring. I've had to start taking Zoloft because of the symptoms of what I call end-stage perimenopause. I graze all day and my pants are getting tight. I don't want to go back to the old me-not ever. I think I'm going to have to see a shrink. Becky Jean
Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 770 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 751 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 976 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1682 views