Thank you

Curious G.
on 8/7/06 3:06 am - Peachtree City, GA
I just wanted to say thank you very much for the outpouring of support you guys give me each and every time I need it. I still feel like a big ole jackass, but just replying to my "confession" made all the difference in the world to me... So much to deal with ... The accident was so involved, that they STILL don't have a police accident report for me yet, so I can't do anything at all about my car right now cuz I don't know whose insurance to claim with. I'm pretty sure I don't want to claim it on my own insurance and let them go after the faulty party - I'd have to come up wiht a deductable anyhow. I found an attorney local to the area who would have worked with the particular judges in that court often etc. I'm hoping since he's not one of the "big name guys" in Georgia, that maybe I can somehow afford him. The two quotes I've gotten thus far were for 10k and 5k respectively. If this local guy will go 2500 or so and let me pay him in 3 installments (and if monkeys fly out of my butt), I might be ok. I still don't know if I really NEED an attorney. I'm pretty damn guilty - blew twice the limit (almost 3 times).. but I do need somebody to plead for leniency... and to try and get my night served to apply to that 24 hour jail time... etc. Somebody to demonstrate that i'm a normally responsible person etc. Oh well - as they say in my favorite series of books, "There will be water if God wills it". (The Dark Tower Series by S. King). Anyhow - thank y'all. I almost just vanished off the face of the earth (in more ways than one honestly). I'm grateful to have a therapist, good friends, and a sweetheart who wouldn't LET me become non-communicado. He knows me so well It really does mean the world to know that I'm not the only person who has done such things. I have such love and respect for all of you guys that it means even MORE to know that some of you may have been in my boat once too - it really is encouraging. OK - enough mushy stuff. I better get back to work to pay these bills and put back money for a nasty fine. Love, Michelle Laurie - you said something that really hit home with me. Yes, I had my doubts as to whether or not I seriously shouldn't drink ever at all. I had so few cravings for alcohol, that I thought I'd be ok. I learned a valuable lesson. Granted, it's a HARD way to learn a lesson, but no - there is NO doubt whatsoever now. I cannot control alcohol in any amount.
*~ Dayner Dee ~*
on 8/7/06 3:42 am - East Burbs, MN
Just wanted to send you more hugs and also send leniacy (sp) to the big guys in GA.. Take Care!!
vickiang
on 8/7/06 11:41 am - Austin, TX
Start going to meetings NOW and have the secretary sign off on a paper. It will make the world of difference. Go to at least one a day, get a sponsor. The judge wants to see that you are remorseful and willing to change. Be proactive! Vicki
Lauretta
on 8/7/06 12:04 pm - Fort Walton Beach, FL
Michelle, I am so glad you are safe and sound. We all have to find our own way. You are not running from the problem. Vicki is right about being proactive. Make up a sheet to prove your meeting attendance date, meeting, have chairperon sign it. If you do not have a sponsor now is a very good time to find one for many reasons. Developing a relationship with someone who has been there done that and is accessable will be a very important thing as you deal with all of this mess and as time goes on. Glad you are around! Hugs, Laurie
Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 770 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 751 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 976 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1682 views