Are you with me?

vickiang
on 8/7/06 12:26 am - Austin, TX
OK, if I'm going to suffer through getting back into my routine I want company. I will commit online to the bare minimum I am willing to do each and every M-F and build on that. Better to start small and ramp up, than try to set unsustainable goals and bail. This is a lifetime habit here, not a crash diet. 5+ years of steady exercise and I felt great. 2 1/2 months no exercise and I feel like dog poop. I am disgusted to report that since "going on a diet" two weeks ago, I have gained 4 pounds. I do not do well with the counting thing. I get compulsive, start to panic when I am "running out of food". Guess that's the disease rearing its' ugly head. The only way I can do this thin (Freudian slip! I meant thing)is to exercise and give myself some slack. When I exercise, I crave healthy, juicy, crisp, fresh food. When I don't, it's oatmeal cookies, pasta, all the carb junk. I don't have to monitor what I eat; I have to allow my body to crave what it needs. So I've done my stretches. I have to do crunches now, which you know is going to hurt tomorrow, but not as much as going bathing suit shopping yesterday and finding I couldn't fit into my usual size 10. Anyway, M-F, stretches, crunches, 30 min. bike. That's a start. And I can do that easy once I get my tush out the door. That's the hardest part. Why, oh why do I resist? I love the feeling of exercising. I have NEVER finished working out and said to myself, "geez, I wish I hadn't done that". I need to take care of myself and set myself up for success, even if only for today. Tomorrow will come in its' own time. Vicki
Curious G.
on 8/7/06 1:19 am - Peachtree City, GA
I'm with ya! Now that my kids are back in school (CAN I GET AN AMEN?!?!), there is no reason I can't go to the gym in the early mornings. I always feel so good when I go, but this summer, when things started going nuts with my oldest etc, I became afraid to leave the house! I've not gained any weight - yet.. but I AM rather out of shape - bonier than I should be, and I need to get some muscle mass back. In addition, I'm going to need that natural endorphin release more than ever now! Maybe we should call/email/text/IM eachother first thing to keep the other accountable; I'm game if you are! Big hugs, m
vickiang
on 8/7/06 2:01 am - Austin, TX
I'm sticking close today and giving updates so I won't weinie out. So far I've done my stretches, felt sooo good! I did some free weights and 50 crunches. My abs and deltoids ALREADY hurt. Boy, am I a sorry puppy. I ate two lettuce rolls with smoked salmom, onion and tomato. I will force myself to have a shake at lunch even if I don't feel hungry because I know what will happen at 2 pm if I don't. Gotta get the bod back on schedule. I had a hard time with the weights I think (don't guffaw!) I busted my hand. I got tired of asking Rick to move some chairs downstairs, so I asked Gordo to help me. I was on the bottom holding the little stubb legs on this heavy chair going downstairs and Gordo slipped, slamming the chair into my hand against the wall. The hand isn't blue anymore and I can bend the fingers, but it hurts!!! and I can't hold anything with the outer two fingers. You should see the wall! Sigh. Will there ever come a day when I am not damaged because I think I am superwoman now that I've lost weight? Obviously just because I'm not fat doesn't mean I'm automatically graceful! I don't care. I'm going to SCUBA in the Carribean if it kills me, knock on wood. Vicki
Lauretta
on 8/7/06 2:04 am - Fort Walton Beach, FL
Hi ladies! I am not in a place to digest this now. I hope I can jump in later this week. I had a rather taxing nite with my sponsee. She is in the middle of an emotional relapse and using men and relationships like drugs.She is at the damn well better stage. My mind is focused on doing what I need to do today.I am getting on board with my vitamins and protein for starters. I flake off on a regular basis. Exercise might put me over the edge today. Mountains of laundry will have to suffice! Hauling multiple baskets up and down the stairs will be my effort. I am actually getting smaller but I have not weighed recently. I can tell by my clothes and increasing loose skin. I need to take a pix of my new burgandy hair! I love it. I am learning to straighten my hair. I always had straight hair until it fell out post op and returned wavy! My new stylish do is meant to be straight so it is a new thing for me to HAVE to do. I have a crew of tree trimmers in the yard now taking down a 150 yr old oak that died. Sad but nothing else to do about it. Well the washing machine is calling me that and the pile of paoer on my desk half of which needs to be thrown away! LOL Have a good day. Clearing my brain and inviting my HP in to the day so I can deal with my girl! Hugs, Laurie
*~ Dayner Dee ~*
on 8/7/06 3:46 am - East Burbs, MN
tomorrow....
Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 770 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 751 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 976 views
What triggers your anxiety