I miss you all when you stop posting

Lauretta
on 8/5/06 8:01 am - Fort Walton Beach, FL
Hi all, I love coming here and touching base with all of you. My cyber support group. I have been doing okay. I confronted my fear and approached the person who was stepping on my toes and feel so much better. There is still some work to do but just addressing it was a big step for me. I set a time line for dealing with it when she gets back in town. No procrastinating. The family is doing well. I am plugged into my program and feel like I am growing. I changed my hair color to a burgandy and love it. I was feeling stagnant and I love change. (more, better, different?) LOL Anyway it was a harmless way to treat myself. Working on a budget which is something I hate but much needed! Just wanted to drop in and say hi! Laurie
Patricia R.
on 8/5/06 8:33 am - Perry, MI
Hi Laurie, Funny, but I was feeling the same way about my hair, and colored it a couple weeks ago. I need to get it cut tonight. It is scraggly. I have been busy working two part time jobs lately, and just running ragged. I had a bad weekend last week, came close to drinking, and did other stupid stuff instead, hence the question about sexual addiction yesterday. I think I am experiencing some unconcious anxiety about the surgery. When I give up the food, will I relapse with my alcoholism? I really have to get my meeting attendance increased now. Take care, Hugs, Trish
Lauretta
on 8/5/06 10:24 am - Fort Walton Beach, FL
Trish, I look at my food addiction, and alcohol,drug addiction as the same thing. I work my program accordingly. Yes, in my opinion you should plug into your program really well pre and post op. I have trouble going to AA as it is so focused on drinking and my disease is rampant in so many areas. That is why I do NA. I can go to an AA mtg and get recovery message it is just easier for me in my fellowship. Prepare. laurie
vickiang
on 8/5/06 8:42 am - Austin, TX
And I miss your crown! Vicki
Lauretta
on 8/5/06 10:26 am - Fort Walton Beach, FL
The crown is still on my profile! LOL.I wear it late at nite! Laur
*~ Dayner Dee ~*
on 8/5/06 9:22 pm - East Burbs, MN
Hi Laurie~ Checking in on this beautiful Sunday morning. Had my first outing last evening with some friends and things went well. My dearest friend invited RJ and I out to dinner with some other couples. We went and had a good time. Went to the American Legion.. HELLO... 10.95 prime rib!! RJ was liking it. We we got our bill to head out it was $18.95!! We laughed at it cause had we been drinking, it would have been more like $50.00+!! I did well managing my feelings but did have a wee bit of jealousy and wishing I could have just one. Well.. Those are my ramblings for today. I think RJ and I are going to the County fair and walk around.. Have a great day! Dana
Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 770 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 751 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 976 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1682 views