Sexual Addiction?

Patricia R.
on 8/4/06 1:07 pm - Perry, MI
I was wondering if anyone, in addition to the chemical addictions, struggled with sexual addiction, or acting out. This is something that has haunted me since being sexually abused as a teenager. trish
vickiang
on 8/5/06 12:07 am - Austin, TX
No, but I certainly feared it. Mightily. I was afraid that when I got to looking good and men started flirting with me, that I would start to flirt back and maybe become a hussy. I know when I was the only woman in engineering school and I was big but not fat, I got scads of attention and sowed my fair share of oats. Luckily, that may have been youthful indiscretion. I feel very confident now. I feel neither attracted or, as some people feel, offended. It is what it is. I must admit, at the very first I was a little taken aback, but that wasn't so much sexual as becoming visible. It was both with women and men...people were much friendlier, wanted to make my acquaintance...all across the board, not to be merely looked past and dismissed anymore. My acting out, silly as it may seem, is that I love to wear hats. I think I have about two dozen right now and I wear them nearly every day. In fact, I just discovered yesterday I have about 2 inches of dark roots I hadn't even noticed because I'm always in hats. I do it for myself. But do you know people just love hats. I get stopped all of the time by total strangers complimenting me. A nice bonus, but not something I seek or count on. Vicki
Lauretta
on 8/5/06 7:42 am - Fort Walton Beach, FL
Fortunately no. I was not immune as a young woman but today it is not an issue. Laurie
Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 770 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 751 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 976 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1682 views