A friend looking 4 luv in wrong places

melodyrose
on 8/4/06 1:58 am - lakewood, CA
I have had a friend who is looking for love in all the wrong places she has lost so much weight from 309 to 140 she looks great. her hubby died do to complications of having wls. she now hangs out at bars everynight and has different men in her bed everynight she is spinning out of control besides she is also drinking. I am very scared for her. i have told her to get back in to chruch and get theropy. She has her children at home and they are also witeness to this. Im scared how they will grow up to be. When her husband died he left her lots lots of money and she has blowen most of it away its so sad she was supposed to pay her house off she did not she spent it all on her and travels. please pray for her. thank you.
kcb
on 9/16/06 2:58 am - wimberley, TX
RNY on 10/02/06 with
I agree that your friend is "spinning out of control". Sounds to me like she is so upset and depressed from her husband dying and her life as it is now that she isn't getting a grip on whats going on. Your suggestions to get her in therapy are right on track. It might take strong intervention to get her shocked into reality. You might try an intervention however I wouldn't do this without professional help. Her children could be taken away if she is found to be an unfit mother. She could have some underlying mental problems that no one knows about that could be contributing to her actions. I would seek the help of a professional in your area that you can confide in confidentially and get advice on how to proceed. You are a good friend to care, most people just walk away. Good luck I'll pray for her.
Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 770 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 751 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 976 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1682 views