no other wya to say it

nannygoat
on 8/1/06 12:58 pm - Worthington, KY
i'm addicted as heck to my vodka each evening. dang. drinking now. it's affecting everybody close to me and i wish i could stop.
Lauretta
on 8/1/06 3:17 pm - Fort Walton Beach, FL
You can stop if you are willing.Tthere are many ways to get help and support. Personally, I attend 12 step meetings and follow the program suggested. Others here do and also have outside help from Dr., church, and other resources. Some have checked into inpatient and out patient programs. You have many options if you decide you really want it. Congratulations for coming here and reaching out. That is a big step! Welcome.I check the mb a couple times daily unless I am really busy. Keep coming back. Lots of nice people here. Laurie
Bethany J.
on 8/2/06 10:58 am - Granby, CT
I am addicted to alcohol too.........youve come to the right place.............you can tell us anything, we are all on the same journey just on different stages......... keep posting~ ~Bethany
Patricia R.
on 8/2/06 11:53 am - Perry, MI
I have been where you are, and had no clue how to stop. If you would like help stopping there are support groups, like Alcoholics Anonymous or Celebrate Recovery. Go to their websites and find out what they are about. You can even find meetings in your area online. Go to a meeting and ask someone for help. They really want to help you. They understand, as we do, just how you feel. The first step in 12 step recovery says, "We admitted we were powerless over alcohol and our lives have become unmanageable." From the sounds of it, you could probably identify with that. Keep posting to us, but do try to make a meeting. Hugs, trish
Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 785 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 769 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 991 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1700 views