Weird Stuff

Patricia R.
on 7/26/06 10:18 pm - Perry, MI
Hi there, I have been AWOL for a little while. I am in Michigan visiting my daughter. We had a good visit. On the way here, I visited my son in Pittsburgh, who drinks more than his mom would like. Being around the alcohol in his apartment bothered me. Then, when I went shopping with my daughter here, I forgot that I was not in PA anymore. In PA, we do not have alcohol in regular grocery stores, or convenience stores. Our alcohol is sold in special stores owned by the state. Beer is sold in take-out stores and bars too. But, we can go grocery shopping without having to see the stuff. No matter how much recovery I have, the sight of the wine in the grocery store gets the wheels turning. Just needed to share that. Hugs, Trish
*~ Dayner Dee ~*
on 7/26/06 10:33 pm - East Burbs, MN
Yeah.. My wheels are always turning... I miss the taste, not the consequences. I had looked in purchasing NA beer to maybe get a taste from that, but it has .5% alcohol. Not sure that I want to go down that road yet..if ever.. What are yours or anyones thoughts on NA beer..? Just curious.. Dana
Patricia R.
on 7/26/06 10:43 pm - Perry, MI
I am too afraid to try NA beer. I strongly recommend not playing with it. Pick up another, healthy beverage addiction. Mine is diet iced green tea. It is healthy for you, as it has antioxidants, and it is tasty when I make it homemade.. Thanks for understanding. Trish
Lauretta
on 7/27/06 3:13 am - Fort Walton Beach, FL
Hi Trish, Welcome home. It rarely bothers me but when it does it does.Period. I have been going with my family to listen to a great band at a pizza place / bar. I am fine with my diet coke there but it does make me mourn my margaritas a bit. Like you said I am in the habit of fast forwarding to the consequences and I soon realize it is not worth it! I decided to get clean and I do not expect the rest of the family to be different people. They are pretty considerate about it. I appreciate their support.I remind myself I am over 21 and CAN drink anyday of the week if thats my choice but I choose to not do it. It helps me to remember that when I feel the urge. It feels good to remember I am doing the right thing. Laurie
Lauretta
on 7/27/06 3:24 am - Fort Walton Beach, FL
Hi Dana, I don't touch the stuff. Too much of a slippery slope for me. I don't drink for the taste I drink for the buzz so what am I doing if I drink NA beer? Nah, I pass. Laurie I will stick with a diet coke.
Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 785 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 769 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 991 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1700 views