Damnit....

PittsburghCutie
on 7/23/06 11:29 pm - Pittsburgh, PA
I've proven to myself that yes indeed I have an issue with alcohol. I did so well all week till I fell under the wrath of my non-helpful friends. Yes this is my own fault, but I buckled to peer pressure and I failed at my feat. *shaking head in disgust* Yes ladies I drank friday....not only did I drink, as I was sitting on my deck letting my dog out late at night, for whatever reason I took my Ipod out of my car, had it with my keys and cell phone. I picked up the keys and Ipod(thinking it was my cell phone) and left my cell phone on the deck. Which would have been fine had it not rained all night. With that, my 15 dollar bottle of wine, was definatly not worth my $250 bill for a new phone that's not covered under my contract. Knowing this, and with the support of my other half, I have decided to go to my local AA meetings which is held every night at the local church. Again, 1 night a week, get drunk on wine, and penalties to be had. *smacking self in forehead* Damnit!
Bethany J.
on 7/24/06 2:55 am - Granby, CT
Im right there with you................. I couldnt even make it a month...... My blackouts are so bad now, this morning Im covered in bruises head to toe........... Cunning and baffling........... I am wretched... ugh ~Bethany
Lauretta
on 7/24/06 6:28 am - Fort Walton Beach, FL
Have not seen you around lately. Sounds like things are getting worse hon. Plz stop and get some help. You know I have been thinking about you and keeping you in my prayers. Reach out Bethany. Laurie
(deactivated member)
on 7/24/06 6:08 am - York Haven, PA
I know its hard not to beat yourself up..BUT STOP IT! I know its hard, belive me I know!! But you took the 1st step..YOU ADMITTED YOU WERE POWERLESS OVER YOUR ADDICTION! 2nd step is go to a meeting!! Liz, I emailed you my phone number if you EVER need/want to talk..CALL ME!! Jen
Lauretta
on 7/24/06 6:31 am - Fort Walton Beach, FL
Lizzie, Ouch! Glad to see you are going to a mtg. Insanity. I really do understand.Keep going back and keep an open mind. Listen for the similarities not the differences!! Laurie
Patricia R.
on 7/26/06 2:09 pm - Perry, MI
We admitted we were powerless over alcohol and our lives had become unmanageable. Are you powerless? If so, how? Is your life unmanageable? If so, how? If you think you have a problem with alcohol, GET HELP NOW. It is available in AA, Celebrate Recovery, therapy, rehab, whatever works for you. You don't have to wake up tomorrow with a hangover wondering what you did tonight. The choice is yours. Hugs, Trish
Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 785 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 769 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 991 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1700 views